The best YURTS camping near
Clemson , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Clemson Camping Reviews
Poor water pressure

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Great m/c campground

Tent space is nice, flat, grassy, and well cared for. Sits on a river. Cabins are clean. Showers are hot and clean. Big bonfire area in the middle. Owners are super nice, there’s a place to get a hot meal in case you forget your food. Located between Waynesville NC and Pisgah on Hwy 276. Convenient to the Blue Ridge Parkway as well. Great riding in the area, one of my favorite spots to stay.

Do not recommend!

We had a terrible experience here. We rented one of the camping RV's and paid by check in advance. The campground was recommended on a travel group I belong to on facebook. We drove 4 hours and when we showed up and checked in, we were greeted kindly but it went downhill when we went to the RV. The RV was very old(maybe 20 years?) and smelled like mold/mildew. We opened the windows in an effort to air it out. My son and husband thought that it smelled like sewage, and the lights on the black tank indicated full. We went back to the office to inquire about the smell and the black tank. The lady working the desk said her husband would check the black tank after he finished supper and that it should smell like peppermint. I can assure you that it did not. My kids were already asking if they could sleep in the car at this point. The husband checked the tank and said it was empty but the indicator was broken. We were at a loss as to what to do, as we were sure if we stayed, we would have gotten sick. Two of us have asthma and 2 of us have allergies and I was afraid that if we stayed in it, we would be sick with bronchitis as that is usually what happens when I am exposed to mold. Also, given covid- I don't think most people would want this risk. The husband said that RV"has always smelled like that since we bought it." We remembered that their camping cabins looked newer online and thought that may be a better option so we asked if we could switch to one of them(they are less expensive and we were fine with that). Unfortunately, since it was Labor Day weekend, they were all booked as well as every campsite. They refused to give us a refund or offer any other options. We had no idea where we would go as it was 6:00 at night and everywhere seemed to be booked for Labor Day weekend. We called a few campgrounds with no luck and ended up eating dinner in town and driving to Asheville to stay at a hotel and returning home the next day. This was so disappointing as we had spent most of the day before we left prepping food, packing, etc. I would never return or recommend this place due to how they handled our situation, with no concern at all and keeping our money with no solution offered. I can only guess that if you bring your own tent or RV, the rest of the campground is acceptable since the reviews overall are good. But definitely DO NOT rent the RV's- unless you can tolerate high levels of mold and want to pay$100 a night for a worn out, smelly RV.

Lovely organic campground

Very clean,natural, beautiful trees , and a nice location. It is run by a very nice family. We were close to amazing waterfalls and hikes in DuPont forest. Short drive to Brevard with great places to eat. The sites are staggered down the hillside and gives you a sense of privacy. The bathrooms were very clean.

A slice of heaven

Me and my party of 6 stumbled upon this Gem after we had made reservations at another site that was extremely sketchy on Labor Day weekend so we called around and heard BRMC had some space. Once we arrived me and my party were greeted by the gentleman who ran the camp. Honestly the most friendliest and most welcoming experience we have had anywhere. we set up our tent next to the pond which was close to everything. It was a busy weekend, so there were a lot of tent campers around but that didn’t matter to us because there was plenty of space in between us and other campers. I had a 10x12 wall tent, and as you can see it was perfectly spacious on a single site. They offer meals in the Morning and evenings, so you’ll be covered if you don’t want to spend money on food. Lastly I want to add that on the last night we came in me and my wife who was pregnant in our car and she was having a lot of pain in her legs, so when we pulled up and the lots were full the gentleman who ran the camp directed us to the closest spot to the entrance. Really was a very kind and generous man. I apologize because I never got his name, but you can be sure this site is perfect for camping and me and my wife will be back after our son is born to make some memories!! God bless

Blueridge Beauty

Just a short ride down Cruso Highway from the famous Blueridge Parkway sits a gem of a place for motorcyclist to enjoy! The staff runs a great operation catering to the Motorrad crowd. Seems fitting to have a great place to stay while riding the finest twisters in the country!

Secret hideaway

Great little spot, clean area and homey environment. Breakfast on the porch in the mornings! Great little cabins as well. Quite and peaceful getaway!

Glamping in a yurt

Great park to visit for a night. Has a beach. It is lacking trails to explore compared to other parks. Yurts are super nice. Warm in the summer though. Yurt 6 has its own private beach area ;)

Love this park

Beautiful location especially in the lakeside spots Nice people and rangers Huge area to explore Will definitely return here