The best WALK IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Ashleigh Camping Reviews
Little gem

This was our first stay, but not our last. This small campground is spacious, clean, quiet, with a little hiking thrown in. It was a relaxing stay for us and the dogs loved it. We will be back.

One Star is Too Much

I would like to give an honest review of this campground because I rely on other peoples’ reviews to choose campgrounds that I have not been to before. I cannot in good faith recommend this campground to anyone. I called the week ahead to confirm that reservations were not required. I spoke with a lovely lady who shared reservations were not required and that their campground never fills up. (However I will have to say the night that I arrived, there were very few spaces left.) I told her I had read good reviews and that we were local and were excited to come.
My first impression - I would prefer to camp under the stars. Instead, at this campground you camp under a light pole at each campsite. We also like to have a fire ring to have a fire going to cook our food, but not at this campground. There’s a community fire, and no fire rings at the campsites. But the most deplorable part of our short stay was the treatment received from the owner. We arrived after dark, in the fog and after setting up our camper, we went to plug it in only to find that there was no wiring in the electrical box. Unfortunately we did not notice the small, paper sign, wet and faded stating that the electric box was out of order. When we spoke to the owner, he had no professional courtesy at all. He was the rudest person I have ever met. He blamed us for not reading his wet, faded sign that could not be seen in the dark. He did not offer to help, but instead raged on and noticed that we had South Carolina plates. He then said we weren’t even supposed to be there, that their campground is for out of state campers. I have never heard of such a thing and not to mention, the lady I spoke to earlier in the week knew I had said we were local and did not mention this policy on the phone. If I I am paying to camp, I expect a working campsite. If it does not have working electricity or sewer, it should be roped off so that people know not to park there. We packed up and left because of the unprofessional behavior of this campground owner. If you are looking for a place to camp, I would highly recommend skipping Sweetwater Lake Campground and checking out one of our State Park campgrounds instead. They have working campsites under the stars with electricity, water, fire rings, and park rangers that care about your camping experience.

I love this place!

Sweetwater Lake Campground is a small RV campground. There is electric and water hookup and a dump station. Lots are decent size and fairly level on grass or gravel. The owners are very nice and available, if needed. Reservations are not taken, so you pull in and pick your spot. Drop your money in a lock box. The property has a nice size lake and all spots face it. There are fire pits and hammocks. The best and most fun part about this campground are the rescue donkeys. Their shelter and grazing area is situated directly behind the camper row. You can hear them bray and they will come to you and let you pet them, although, you should use caution as they warn you that donkeys bite. This is a very nice, quiet campground surrounded by private property of fields and lake. I really enjoyed our stay here!

Ideal!

This campground is right off 95 and very easy to access. Loud highway noise, but tolerable. Tall trees everywhere. Very pretty! No rock or concrete pad to park on so be prepared to level your RV. Bathrooms/showers are clean and large. Pleasant staff. We would absolutely stay here again for an overnight as we pass through.

Open year round , do not have to have reservations! All sites lake front. So convenient and easy!!! One mile off of interstate i26, exit off on exit 139. So clean, easy and beautiful!!!!!!!awesome for pets!! You will love it!!

You have to see this!!! Friendly owners, easy in and out, always have sites available, do not have to make reservations!!! Best kept secrete!!!! Exit 139 off of i26

Terrible experience TW- lewd behavior

Hopefully one off!!!

We were lounging about, reading in my car, when a truck with two male NPS staff pulled in right next to us. One staff proceeded to give the other staff a blowjob. Hopefully not realizing we were there. As two solo women we were nervous about the lewd behavior and just left.

Great Camp Ground

Family always enjoys this campground! Beautiful spot, historic and the staff is wonderful.

excellent

We were looking for a stopover for one night.  Called enroute and the friendly owner said to come on in.  It is a small family owned campground.  Put money in box as honor system.  All sites face the lake.  Cute as it can be.

$35

It’s ok

Just left Aiken State Park in SC. We will not be returning because it didn’t meet our requirements, but it is not a bad park if it’s what you’re looking for, so here’s the pros and cons:

Pros - super affordable, nice location, very peaceful/quiet, nature trails, kayak rentals available, clean, nice staff

Cons - sand/uneven pads, very tight to drive through and get parked, the dump station is inconvenient to get out of when leaving the campground, absolutely no cell service at campsite (we have Verizon, att, and tmobile)

One other big negative for us, which I hope no one else has to encounter is there was a seemingly, stray dog running around. Super sweet and timid around people, but we have our dog with us (boxer) and the stray attacked our dog. Just warning if you’re there or going soon.

Site 23 Labor Day weekend

This is an ok campground. Small (25 sites) and quiet. Kudos to the park staff for calling the day before to see if we needed firewood, and give us the gate code in case we were going to be late.

As I said before, it is quiet (except for our neighbors ac kicking on and off all day and night). Site 23 is spacious, and although it backs to the road, there is minimal traffic on it.

The bath house is in the middle of the loop and easily accessible. It is a little outdated, but was always clean. The showers are newer than the rest of the bathroom.

There is a canoe/kayak launch close enough to walk to and we saw many people with kayaks and canoes.

We are tent campers and slept with no rain fly, looking at the stars and listening to coyotes howl at night.

A good park overall and a quiet peaceful weekend.