Equestrian
$85.00
Contact
Lakewood Campground is located in South Carolina
6 Reviews of Lakewood Campground
Lakewood campground in Myrtle Beach.

Lakewood is my favorite place to camp. It is a nice family oriented campground with 1300 campsites. Amenities include full hookup with cable and free WiFi. The campground has 2 swimming pools (indoor and outdoor) and a water park, two ice cream parlors, coffee house, bike rentals, miniature golf for no additional cost. They also have golf cart available for rent. The closest grocery is conveniently located just across the highway via a stop light. The campground offers ocean front sites and shaded sites.

Beach RV Resort

Beachside resort with over 2000 sites. No shade trees but clean and organized for beach fun. Many amenities and activities for a fun beach trip.

A great campground with so much to do without leaving park.

On beach with a very welcoming atmosphere.

Great family time

This is on the ocean, full hookups, pool, volleyball, output, store, tight spots, but beautiful

Quiet and not much to do

We stayed at this campground July 2018. We have a 27’ travel trailer, a 9 yr old daughter and 12 yr old son, and 2 boxers. Checkin was very easy. We drove up to the gate, they gave us our paperwork and drove to our site. Our site was 7002. It was the last street in the resort and the furthest away from the pool and amenities. We drove our car to the pool and there was plenty of parking there. We had a great view of the beach. Across the street are empty lots which was a great place to walk our dogs. And next to these lots are a small canal which was great to fish. You could see minnows swimming around.

like most rv resorts this place packed them in like sardines. Where we were it looked nice but when you went down the main road and got into the 1000 sections it looked really trashy.

The beach is small with no lifeguards Lakewood does not supply lifeguards. This beach does not have a shower at the beach but that was fine because we have one outside our travel trailer.

our kids enjoyed the pool area. The 3 water slides were great. 1 speed slide (it was super fast), 1 tube slide which was a lot of fun, and 1 body slide. The water slides are new. There is also a lazy river that was a sorry excuse for a lazy river. It was a small circle area and did not flow real well so you had to push yourself around. Complaint: there are not enough tubes. I asked a lifeguard if they had any tubes and she said “it’s really busy this week and they have no more”. They should have enough tubes to accommodate every rv spot in that place. The pool wasn’t even that busy the day we were there. So if you stay here be prepared to not get a tube. Also, some of the lifeguards are rude. Did not find this to be a happy place. Next to the water slide there is a good sized pool with a very outdated baby water slide. My kids loved this baby water slide but the area was very outdated. Around the pool there are chairs but not enough so we ended up placing our items on the concrete. There were a lot of people doing this. They need more seating.

There is an ice cream shop which was very nice, a good size arcade, and a coffee shop and we utilized all 3. They were far from our site but we drove our car to them and it wasn’t a problem.

At the front gate there is a small store and it did not have very much. I drove to Walmart to get the food items I needed.

There are 2 food trucks. 1 is pizza, wings, etc and the other is a fish fry. The pizza truck was just ok and they do not deliver to your campsite. the fish fry was never open. We tend to eat late when we are on vacation so I think we missed the fish fry everyday.

I saw signs for car/rv wash but never used that service.

I was not happy with Lakewood but my husband loved it because it was very quiet. That’s the difference between us. I love hustle and bustle and he likes simple and quiet.

when we return to Myrtle beach we will not stay at Lakewood. I feel that there are better places to stay in Myrtle beach. My husband disagrees with this statement 😄

The campground was very clean and we'll kept. Lots of activities.

Early checkout