The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Talihina , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Talihina Camping Reviews
Stop over

We stopped here do to winter storm. We did not get to enjoy much of what this site offered due to rain. Pull through sites lined by trees. Staff very friendly.

In the middle of nowhere beautiful!

This place was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! So beautiful with all the pine trees and being so far out from everything. The closest store/town is about 45 minutes so be sure to bring everything you need with you. Super close to the Talimena Scenic Drive and Horse Thief Spring and plenty of ATV/UTV trails. The park hosts were amazing and came to check on us throughout our stay. The park was still under construction for upgrades and repairs to their septic systems and equipment but didn’t bother us. We will DEFINITELY be returning with friends because it’s just to pretty not too!!!!

Great Stopping place when traveling I-40

We chose this campground for the Tiny House rental for our Daughter and her husband & kids. We stayed in an RV site, enjoyed the pool, bounce pad & basketball. A shuttle runs that is wheelchair accessible that will take you into town for Wal-Mart runs and more 😊

This campground is nice but not really wheelchair friendly. The road was really large rock that is very bumpy and uncomfortable to wheel over.

Right off the highway and right off the Ouchita Trail

If you're near the end (heading west) or got a late start heading east, detour north towards Potato Hill Vista for a flat area with a stone fire ring near Highway 88/1. You can throw down your tent here for the night. The side trail even leads to a parking lot off the highway if you're driving and want a place to camp or want someone to pick you up a few miles closer than Talimena State park.

A great campsite with great hiking, and amazing views!!

We will BE back!! I’ve lived in OK for 30+ years and didn’t know of Cedar Lake in the Quachita mountains near Heavener, OK. It’s incredible!! Clean site, right in the national forest. At the time we went they had a camp host that met you, took you to your site, and checked in on us several times during our three night stay. She was really friendly, helpful, and our two boys thought she was the best when she gave them Smokey the Bear pins! While they do have bathroom and shower facilities our section of camps were down along with several others do to septic tank system issues that they were waiting on parts to arrive to fix. They provided portable toilets in the interim which worked fine. There is a really fun trail that runs right around the entire lake, and it’s a little over two miles. Nearly all natural terrain throughout the hike which makes it especially nice. Though we didn’t visit they have a section also for equestrian camping and riding as well as RV hookup sites. Can’t speak highly enough of this camping area!

Great Escape

I love this small park. It offers a lot of amenities, but overall it’s about the cave trails and lots of hiking opportunities. We went in the early fall so too cool to enjoy the small lakes but our campsite had great views of one of the lakes.

Great Day of Camping

Tent camping. Beautiful view at our campsite. We were close to the lake, and enjoyed the nice breeze and awesome views of the sunset! The sites are very big with tons of space. We went to Lake Eufala state park and hiked around, but really there aren’t great hiking trails in the area. This camping experience would be one where if we came back we would bring friends and enjoy just being at our campsite. We had a great time!

I will say there is ALOT of trash. It didn’t deter us much, but I think it’s worth noting. Some sites we walked passed were filled with bottles and cans. Ours had a ton of cigarette butts all around, and also so weird trays/debris in the fire ring. The only other thing I didn’t love was that while on the map it’s all very well marked, none of the sites had markers and if they did they weren’t nec correct. The only number we could see was 253 in the grill and on the map it was our 255. Our site neighbors said there aren’t any real markers and to just settle there or find one that’s more suitable because the park wouldn’t fill up. It didn’t. But we enjoyed our sites views and space- even with neighbors. No lights around the roads or anything except at the bathroom, but it wasn’t difficult to navigate.

Bathrooms pretty close, and were clean and tidy. Great playground are for kids!

Absolutely beautiful!!!

We stayed at the Blue Jay Drive Campground and it was beautiful! We had three sites 14,15 and 17 number 15 was beautiful right on the lake neighbors were coming by and asking if they can take pictures of the site 15. Make sure you take plenty of water there is no water not even one spigot. They have a vaulted restroom similar to a portapotty. We took our own portable potty and thank god we did so. I would definitely take some seven dust for the little critters at the campsites. It’s very quiet at night and there’s so much to do there.

Very Nice Oasis

Heading West on I-40 and tried, without success, to get a site at one of the 3 campgrounds on nearby Robert Kerr Reservoir (see other reviews!). We got the last site at the KOA. As first time KOA campers, we were pleasantly surprised with the entire experience. Restrooms clean and nice showers. The staff was kind, cheerful and very helpful. The sites are a bit close for our tastes but for a quick overnight it suited our needs perfectly.

Beautiful place to get away

I love Robbers Cave. It’s one of my most favorite places to camp. There are over 40 miles of hiking trails and the views are incredible! I prefer to camp away from people and toilets don’t matter, I tent camp around Lake Wayne Wallace or Eagles Nest. Watch the trails bc you could end up on the horse trails and be very sad lol.