Langley , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Langley Camping Reviews
Nice camping close to home

Wonderful, great to have a nice camping area with hook ups right out of town for those quick trips and to assist with that “get away feeling”. Nice little lake to fish in and good disc golf course.

Something for Most

Sequoyah State Park on Fort Gibson Lake offers a lot and people come from out of state to visit. There's a lodge, restaurant, golf course, paved trail, dirt trails, campgrounds, marina, and horseback riding in summer. I grew up nearby and still enjoy visiting.

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Beautiful and peaceful

Full hookups on concrete pads. Close to swimming, fishing, nature and a 5 star restaurant. We stayed at the Choctaw campground. Will stay again.

Great place to go off road riding. Fun olace

This is a Off-road park that has cabins and other camping options.  Not a quiet place but for those looking to ride or enjoy some off-road fun this is a good place to play!  There are some hiking trails where you can ride them hike..

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!

Nice State Facility

Big park with so many site options. Very large sites on the lower area, upper area is a little more tight. Easy access to the launch ramp for smaller boat rigs.. easy access to the area activities very accommodating staff

Beautiful but do your research

We stayed in the Cherokee section of the park. Campsites are clean and there’s electric and water at each. It has a beautiful view of the lake. However, the showers will cost you, so bring quarters. Plus, the ones we saw looked like they had black mold all around. Needless to say, we did not use the showers.

Beautiful bight at Creek Campsite

The online reservation system wasn't working but it appeared to show many vacancies. I packed up my rig and headed out from Tulsa. Upon arrival i ran into the camp host. He said to pick a site and pay at the office the next morning. I chose a nice site on the west side of the area near the water. A beautiful night on a no frills site. I will return!

Nice campsites!

We had never been to Ft. Gibson Lake so we thought we'd give it a go… and we really enjoyed it. We stayed at Seminole Campground in Sequoyah State Park for two nights at the end of May and had a nice time. The camp host greeted us when we pulled in and gave us the low-down and provided us with maps on the campgrounds and the area.

The campground, was really nice. It was clean, well kept, and quiet. With only one road in and out you'd think the traffic my be kinda bad, but it wasn't. It probably helps that there's not a boat ramp directly in the campgrounds. The sites were spacious and included a nice level concrete pad, a concrete picnic table, a firepit, and a lantern hook. All the sites away from the shore had sewer connections. The ones closest to the water did not, but there's a dump station right outside the campground gate.

Being kayakers we like campgrounds that have easy water access and Seminole campground did not disappoint. The water level was up about 15-20' this particular weekend which made it easy to launch/land and with floating debris due to the water level we pretty much had the lake to ourselves. There are also hiking trails in the area including a paved walking trail.

There's a convenience store a couple of miles away for ice, beverages, etc. It's about 12 miles to the nearest Walmart to pick up those things you forget… we now have dedicated camper pillows.

Since I sometimes need to login to work, I'm always curious about the wifi. While the campground itself doesn't have wifi, I was able to turn on the hotspot feature on my phone and get connected without any problems. We have service through AT&T and didn't have any issues.

The camp host told us that this campground is one of the few that stay open year round so we may be back in the fall for a different view.