Equestrian
No WiFi
Zaleski State Forest is located in Ohio
13 Reviews of Zaleski State Forest
Zaleski

I only came here for a 2 day backpacking trip and it was kid of hard. I'm a backpacker and this was tough. There is clear trails and a lot of rocks to climb on top of. The trial was about 19 miles and was definitely worth it because of the views

Beautiful and secluded!

I love Zaleski and have returned multiple times. These campgrounds and hiking trails are my go-to for a weekend backpacking trip. Rarely have I seen other hikers on the same trails but we always meet people at camp. The terrain has many climbs and descents and takes you along ridges, through valleys, and along forest floors.

All of the campsites have multiple areas for different hikers and each is relatively secluded from the others so you can be by yourself. All campsites have an outhouse and potable water all within easy reach from all camping areas. I've never felt cramped by other campers and we've always had a great spot to make a fire, hang our food, and put up a line for our clothes to dry on (if needed).

Zaleski is a gem in Ohio

There's a great loop hike in Zaleski State Forest. High quality trees, nice little hills, cool rock formations. Fine campground for tent-camping (my preferred camping method). Much of Ohio is flat corn land, so Zaleski is a special place in Ohio. The trail swings close to some homes, which is less remote than out west where I live now, but overall it's nice.