The best WALK IN camping near
Rougemont , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Rougemont Camping Reviews
Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Nice Corp Park

A one night stopover on our trip to the east coast. We stayed in a nice shaded spot B51 and other than it rained for 24 hours we did enjoy it. Lots to see and do here around the water.

Great place

The higher numbered spots are more private. Excellent place with water access and clean bathrooms

Beautiful, Convient, Serene with an amazing staff!

I have been at this camp ground for nearly two weeks. Every Ranger and employee I’ve interacted with has been amazingly professional and nice. The facilities are kept in pristine shape regarding cleanliness and upkeep. The campers have all been friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for a close getaway in the Raleigh area, this is the place to go!!

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.

Great little spot outside the city!

Fall Camping by the Lake

Back at Rudds Creek Recreation Area again and I have to say I just love this place. The current camp hosts are over the top. Super nice people who make you feel welcomed from the minute you arrive. They were giving g out treats for my dogs which I thought was a great gesture. Facilities are clean as always. Accessing a different shower house this trip and although it is a little smaller than the shower house in the other loop, its really nice. This campground is just nice all around. The sites are well kept and the layout of the sites were well thought out. The Army Corp. does a great job with their campgrounds.

Camping by the lake

This is a great campground. Sites are laid out really well and are spaced to provide you with 'your own personal space'. Bath houses are well maintained. The park is clean. The exception to this is people putting old rugs or carpet around the shore where the park their boats. The roads within the campground offer a great walking experience as well as bicycle riding opportunity. Lots of kids riding bikes. There is a nice day use area across the road with a nice swimming area. There is also a swimming beach within the campground. Nice boating access to the lake. Love this campground and have for 40+ years.

Beautiful water, a little cramped

Great safe spot for tubing, fishing, hammocking, swimming. Water felt great. Gorgeous sunset. Campsites are closely sandwiched between each other and since there's not a lot of tree cover I felt like I was sharing a campsite with 20 other people! Ranger drove by at least 3x a day but kept a distance. Bathrooms were nasty. I think I'd come back to Kerr Lake but not this campground.

Falls Lake State Recreation Area, Rolling View Campground

Man-made reservoir - Falls Lake is located in the upper portion of the Neuse River Basin. Nice shaded trails. Very nice park.