The best RV SITES camping near
Erwin , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Erwin Camping Reviews
Beautiful but noisy at night

We stayed in Loop B and it was the loveliest lakeside campsite, nice level spot for our very large tent and a private sandy beach just below the site. This was especially nice over the summer because the public beaches were closed due to COVID.

This would have been one of my favorite campsites if it weren't for the noise. Some people were fishing on the lake between 1-3am just off our campsite, being really loud and shining a large flashlight over our site. We didn't sleep very much. I'm going to assume this was a fluke and give this campsite another shot because the beach is so nice.

Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Phenomenal experience

Beautiful, Convient, Serene with an amazing staff!

I have been at this camp ground for nearly two weeks. Every Ranger and employee I’ve interacted with has been amazingly professional and nice. The facilities are kept in pristine shape regarding cleanliness and upkeep. The campers have all been friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for a close getaway in the Raleigh area, this is the place to go!!

Great experience for first time!

Very new to tow behind trailer camping. Camp site was awesome! This is the place for tranquility! Very quiet, would have thought we were the only ones there. Site has a little over two dozen spots. Well kept and maintained, really clean bathroom. Gravel slab for parking, concrete slab for picnic area, fire place, and close to Walmart for supplies. They also fill propane and sell fire wood! Would stay there again.

Wonderful and Serene Campground

This is a beautiful, family owned campground. Grounds are impeccable and well maintained, customer service was above and beyond. There really isn’t a bad site in the place. Only downside- it’s off a main highway and we did hear a good amount of traffic noise throughout our stay.

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.

I made reservations for this campground by calling the week before. When asked what I’d be camping in, I clearly explained to the person taking the reservation that I had a 1989 VW Vanagon. No problem. Camp site booked!

When I actually got to the campground the following Monday, I went in to check in. I was happy because the campground looked so nice, and clean. It was back in the woods, very quiet and peaceful.

Upon check in, I was first told that I “had a boat, and didn’t disclose when I made the reservation”. I explained I did not have a boat, and the one pulling up outside the door was not mine. That taken care of, I was then asked where my van was. I explained it was parked right beside the check in cabin in the driveway. I then found out that the campground “doesn’t take that kind of camper-no tents, pop-ups” or other vehicles of the sort. I immediately started to panic a bit, considering it was getting late, and I wasn’t sure where I was going to go with my husband and two dogs. I explained that I did tell the person (when making the reservation) exactly what type of van I had, I was tersely told “she probably didn’t understand”. Fortunately, I was allowed in for the night, but the anxiety flash made the stay a bit less then perfect.

So, while the initial encounter was stressful, I am able to say that the campground is very nice. The dogs got a long walk around the area. The other campers were friendly. We had a fire in the evening, and it was very quiet. The campground host (not the same person as the check in person) gave our dogs some treats, and complimented our  van. The bathrooms (shower included) were very nice as clean, but I could see how the campground might not be able to accommodate large groups of pop-up/tent campers due to a limited number of available bathrooms.

I recommend this campground to anyone with a class A, B, C, trailer or fifth wheel RV that is self contained-meaning you have a bathroom. Otherwise, I’d find somewhere else to stay.

Great little spot outside the city!

Quiet, small lakeside campground

Stayed one night in site 002. which had hookups (water/ electric) but no lake view. Beautiful small campground, very quiet. Lakeside campsites didn't have electric but were beautiful, would be worth trying to book. I like lots of privacy, site 2 had a lot of privacy, site 1 probably had the most of any I saw. Very nice check-in person at the gate, very helpful.