Camping in Austin

Recent Yurts Reviews Near Austin, North Carolina

215 Reviews of 21 Austin, North Carolina Campgrounds

b
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

This place has a lot to do at a reasonable price. Definitely bring the kids.

C
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Mountain fun

Great campground. We stayed in a tent. Had some friends stay next to us in a class b. A small trailer would fit, nothing big. No W/E/S but great place. Come early to reserve. You must set up camp immediately. No reservations. They're are 2 bathrooms with flushing commodes. There are water…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Peaceful & Quiet Camping

Arrived on a Friday morning & was the only one there. Had my pick of all the sites! Campground was very clean with trash bins & porta-potties. Trails were well maintained & short walk down to the river. Would definitely stay again!

Tara N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Large level sites convenient to Mayberry

The campground has a nice playground, large sites with grass and rock parking pads. Full hookups. All sites are in the sun. This campground is very convenient for touring through Mayberry.

Bryan H.
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Nice getaway !

My wife and I have been hunting for a new close camp ground. We may have a winner! Midway RV is very clean, quiet and friendly. The pool is fantastic and close to areas to go shopping or sightseeing.

• front porch view
  • front porch view
  • pull thru sights
Zack K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Incredible Scenic destination!

We camped here while learning g to roast coffee and it was incredible. It was early November and the colors were incredible. I think we missed peak colors by a week or so. The next week it dumped snow. I hate we missed that!

Month of VisitDecember
Kelly Z.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Secluded mountain camp

The host at the campground was welcoming and informative! I sadly do not remember his name, but he made sure I had all the information about the mountain camp land & trails and was incredibly hospitable. I wish I had time to spend more than one night so I could have explored the grounds! The…

SiteC-4
Robyn W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Waaaay up in the mountains

If you are fearless and willing to take your RV up a beautiful small winding road into the mountains this is the place for you. However, for myself it rained… so it was quite the experience driving up and considering the limited visibility. Also when I arrived at my site there was no power on the…

C
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Beautiful views and clean bathrooms

We have tent camped and RV camped here. Great site with lots of space and kept up well. Views are great and area is beautiful.

SiteC7
Teresa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Room With View

Mayberry is big rig friendly even though it is set on a rolling hill/mountain. All sites are gravel and clean.

The campground doesn't have much to do, but it is a great place to stop a couple of nights to see Mayberry (My. Airy) and all the history of the Andy Griffith show.

• Fun Police Car Tour
Missy A.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

So peaceful

Enjoyed my stay at the Helton Creek campground. Very peaceful and friendly

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Best park in North Carolina

This is the most beautiful hiking trails in the world! A lot of climbing rock slopes and ladders with scenic views from 6000 ft plus elevation. Campground stays packed so make reservations unless you primitive camp in the National Forrest nearby. The Blue Ridge Parkway is rated the # 1 scenic…

• I arrived
  • mile high swinging bridge
  • view down from the bridge
Siteprimitive
Michelle The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Never Again

We booked a full week here in June. Never again.

Let me start with the pros...the staff is attentive and always working. The pond is nice with the ducks swimming around. Great location to thenwineries.

Cons:

There are no trees to be found near the sites, and in the heat of summer you need some…

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Secluded spot with super hosts

There isn’t much to look at once you get up there, but it’s still pretty. We had a neighbor nice enough to give us his site because he was leaving early and I would have stayed another night there. It was C3 backed into the woods on level ground. It made for a cozy morning.

• hiking trails after rain brought out wildlife
  • butterfly lookint fungi along trails
  • road up the mountain
Sitec3
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Great Campground

This is wooded campground a short distance off of I-40. Beautiful pool with bounce house and playground. Concrete pads. Quiet at night. Great for relaxation.

Sitesite 19