The best YURTS camping near
Riverside , NEW YORK

Most Recent Riverside Camping Reviews
Such a unique Glamping experience!

Stayed 2 nights for my birthday and loved it. One of the first places to open after COVID shutdown. Normally they have a large gathering area for cooking, games and a bar tent. Even with the restrictions we had a great visit and felt safely distanced from other campers and staff. Great hiking trails because it is attached to Buttermilk Falls State Park. Also close to Cornell University which is a beautiful campus.

I loved sleeping in the huge canvas tent and listening to the rain safe and warm under many quilts. The breakfast baskets the made for us each day were so nice to wake up to. And the bar and fire pits were maintained for you by the staff -  such luxury. I loved it.

Beautiful!

We went during shoulder season and it was beautiful and quiet.

Soul Cleansing

Petticoat Junction campground is nestled in the PA Grand Canyon with Pine Creek on one side and the Rails to Trails on the other of the campground. This ideal location provides a nice tranquil environment with opportunities for active adventures. It had been several years since our last stay at PJC, but the new owners have done amazing improvements and upgrades to many areas of the campground which are greatly appreciated. Everyone we interacted with(owners/employees) were friendly and gave us the feeling that they were glad we chose to stay with them.

There are a variety of camping options from season sites, primitive sites, cabins, glamping tents, and RV hook-ups for water and electric(along the creek). We stated in one of the water/electric hook-up sites along the creek, which was wonderful. Very flat and larger than average in size, which was nice not being on top of your neighbor. Water pressure was very good and the WIFI signal was better than many campgrounds we have stayed.

The location of PJC is perfect for fishing, floating/kayaking, and biking/hiking the rails to trail. There are many nearby hikes throughout the canyon for the more adventures travelers. The office has biking/tubing/boating rentals for its campers. Additionally the firewood for sale is priced well and is very good quality, not the cheap smoky pine found in most places. If you need a break from civilization to reset and relax, I highly recommend PJC!

Perhaps the reason colors the review.

The cabin was excellent with all amenities. Trees on our plot perfect for a hammock. You could get on the trail easily and hike the lake the tempted you from the cabin as the sun glistened off the water. During the hike you would pass a red pine plantation, a reminder of the Civilian Conservation Corps. I want to go back there every year. Not just because it is so close to the PA Grand Canyon/Pine Creek Gorge but because this was our honeymoon. Covid-19 forced a change I am so thankful for.

A perfect Honeymoon

We loved the cabin, the trail by the lake, the easy access to all parts of the Pine Creek Gorge and Wellsboro.

Meh

This place is not really a campground, it seems to mainly be a seasonal RV resort…in any event, most of the spots were occupied by RVs with things like wooden decks, yard lights, cute little signs, etc.

The tent sites are large enough, but have zero privacy between them--see photo.

What saved this place from total mediocrity is its location right on the river…while I couldn't see the river from my campsite due to brush, it was clearly audible, which was nice.  In September the river was flowing nicely, and was mainly a bit above my ankles, although there were some pools that looked like they would go up to about mid-thigh (although I didn't go in the find out).

Firewood sold on-site, and there is a little campstore, although pickings are fairly slim.

Itching to return already

We spent 2 nights at Tuscarora Village in the Six Nations campground. More than impressed. The sites were unique, huge, and well maintained. Very family friendly with a 10pm “shhhh” time which is the only drawback, and only because we don’t have young kids. If you are looking for a safe, easy, comfortable place for you and your family or some quiet time, I highly recommend. Within a short walk of the trails and gorge. Stunning. Also, less than 10 mins from the cutest town and Seneca Lake (and Walmart when you forgot your air mattress pump…)

Beautiful but crowded

Hills creek was a beautiful park, but it is crowded & ruins the nice environment of quiet camping. We decided to camp where the RVs were so we have more space (plus, they have limited camping spots that allow dogs). It was closer to the lake then the tent-only spots. Beautiful at sunrise, not so at sunset because the sun sets behind the mountain. Toilets were very clean & the showers are functioning. The spot was clean when we arrived & we made sure to leave it clean when we left as well. Would’ve loved to be further apart from other people. Apart from that Hills Creek is beautiful.

Great family fun!

Very clean facilities, lots for kids to do despite Covid. We always get a site on the outside of the main circle by the tower slide. There’s lots of shade and optimum view of both playgrounds to keep an eye on the kiddos. It does get very crowded on the weekends so make sure your kiddos know car safety.

Love this place

This is one of the best parks I’ve been to. The sites are huge and the landscape is to die for. Definitely recommend.