About Vista Linda Campground

This popular campground is open year round. The campground is located in the scenic San Diego Canyon, with spectacular red rock canyon and mesa views. Come prepared for warm days and cool nights during the summer months and cold winter temperatures. The Jemez River, adjacent to the campground, offers excellent fishing opportunities (valid State fishing license required) and wildlife viewing. Fishing is best during the Winter months.

Uses: Overnight camping, hiking and fishing.

Facilities: The campground has 13 units with grills. Amenities include drinking water, paved access and vault toilets. No hook-ups or dump station available. Tents, RV's and trailers up to 40 feet and pull through capability.

Special Instructions: Cutting live vegetation is strictly prohibited. Charcoal  only in pedestral cooking grills.

National Forest
Vista Linda Campground is located in New Mexico
Directions
From the Jemez Ranger Station go 5.6 miles south on State Highway 4.
6 Reviews of Vista Linda Campground
Nice Little Getaway

This spot is set between the road to Jemez Springs and Jemez Creek. Some sites are exposed to the road and its noise, although it’s not too bad. About half the sites are tucked in among the cottonwoods alongside the creek. Overall, a very pleasant getaway not far from Albuquerque.

Aptly Named Campground, Truly Beautiful!

This adorable little campground just 3 miles south of the village of Jemez Springs, NM is situated in the in a wide canyon with expansive views of the mesas to the east and west. Some of the sites have a full shelter over the fire ring and picnic table. Many of the sites can accommodate larger RVs or motorhomes, but do not have water or electricity hook-ups. Potable water is available as well. The vault toilets were very clean, and well maintained. This campground had the best recycling and trash containers we’ve seen in months. We were able to recycle just about everything!

This area is perfect for anyone who loves to do any of the following: hike, bike, climb, snowshoe, ski, view wildlife, fly fish, soak in hot springs, gallery shop, or just hang out at your beautiful campsite. The town is within 30 minutes of Valles Caldera National Preserve and just a few more miles to Bandelier National Monument and Los Alamos Skiing area. The town of Jemez Springs has just a few restaurants, be sure to try Olga's Famous Chile Rellenos at Los Ojos, the quirky and quaint little bar that looks like it came from a movie set.

The campground is open all year round and typically has a camp host. The sites are non-reservable, and are very inexpensive for the beautiful views you get!

Note: Despite how beautiful this place was and how much we enjoyed it, we had a scary incident happen that we reported to both the county sheriff and forest service office. If you want to know more, visit our blog. They told us that they had never had a report like this before, so this could have been a random incident, as we were there when there was no camp host. So, stay alert, especially if you are the only camper in the campground.

Beautiful location

Just south of the town of Jemez Springs was this really nice campground wedged between the road and the river. Super nice campsites, some with pavilions over the picnic tables, some with river access. The campground was closed when I got there but the really nice hosts let me in to check it out. I liked the sites at the back that either had river access or pergolas. This campground was super clean; I wish I had camped here the night before as there was water available and the bathrooms were more modern and clean.

Vista Linda

My friends and I came here over Memorial Day weekend, I really enjoyed the campground and area. The campground is in a valley nestled between beautiful deep red striped mountains. Each camp site has a grill, a fire pit, and a canopy which was perfect to set up our hammocks in. There is a small stream that runs through the campground, which claims to have fish, mainly trout! There are two tiny cities nearby, one with a wonderful historical site (I highly recommend), and nice neat little shops. There’s two hot springs, two waterfalls, a fishing o lake a few miles away. I would enjoy coming here again anytime!

A creek runs through it

We found Vista Linda almost by accident as a base for our visit to Valles Caldera. We lucked into a cul de sac site with great privacy, good enough solar, plenty of shade and the creek in our "yard." A delightful experience.

Simple & Wast

Lovely area of NM! I camped here a few times. There’s great hikes nearby. It’s a curved road getting up there. So be aware..