Bluewater Village, NEW MEXICO

Camping New Mexico Bluewater Village

Most Recent Bluewater Village Camping Reviews
Decent Overnight Stop On Our Way To Albuquerque

We stayed just one night while driving from Page, Arizona to Albuquerque. Friendly staff and visitors.

We were able to get pizza delivered to our RV site which was a big hit with the kids.

Clean, Patriotic, Friendly

Called day of and was able to reserve a 30AMP spot with full hook ups $39. As other reviews mentioned it is exceptionally clean, there is pride in ownership and America with a life size carved memorial to the armed services. Great play area for kids, giant chess and a pool (closed due to Covid). They were selling homemade pie and pulled pork sandwiches at check in also which was a fun surprise. A few cute log cabins to rent also. All gravel and not a lot of trees, no view but a clean and safe overnight for sure!

A neat quirky Campground

We stayed here in 2018. The place has a very laid back vibe. The little cafe is fun and tasty. Decent clean shower house. Full camper hookups. It is just minutes from El Morro Nat’l Monument and close to Mal Pais Volcano flows. I recommend the place.

Way too expensive

I reserved this for one night and at $52 I expected a nice Koa. This was a dirt crap hole and I asked for my money back and left. If it was $15 or $20 it would meet expectations. We found a beautiful place on a small lake about an hour away.

Dusty park against the red rocks

This city-operated campground is bordered by highway on one side and red rocks on the other. There are events at the open arena, featuring rodeos, Native American celebrations, and an annual balloon festival in early December. It's beautiful to watch the balloons float about the red rocks in the park and there are a lot of places to scramble on the rocks yourself.

The campground itself is dusty and relatively open; you will hear road traffic. I was there in early December and most of the campground was reserved for the balloon festival. There are electric and water hook-ups, but not sewer. Arrive before 4:30 to obtain the key to the rest room if needed.

They don't provide much information at all on the website, you need to call to get it or just stop by. If you need a place to park overnight, this is a reasonable option. The Petrified Forest is another 90 minutes down the road; El Morro National Monument, Acoma Pueblo, and El Malpais National Monument are a few of the interesting places to visit.  We enjoyed dinner/take-out at Dickey's BBQ just 4 miles away. And Jerry's Cafe is popular Mexican restaurant, may require a wait, but it's the sort of place where the locals eat and the waitresses know them by name.

Great place for one night

Rv park has nice level sites with full hook ups. We've stayed here a few times for just one night. Ate at the casino once. I had the buffet and would give it 2 stars. My wife ordered a meal and it was considerably better. Great place for a stop on I40.

Beautiful location

El Morro National Monument features some amazing petroglyphs and the remains of a pueblo, offering fun hikes. Nearby is a free campground, first-come, first-served. There's water available except in winter (and then you can fill containers at the visitor's center) and vault toilets.

Sites offer picnic tables, fire rings, and tent pads. Some, because of their set-up, are better suited to tents than RVs, but because you can't reserve in advance, you'll get to choose what works best for you…assuming there's vacancy. In December it was cold and largely unoccupied, but in warmer months I'm guessing it fills quickly. Sit 5 is handicap accessible and located across from the bathroom.

Quiet Clean Beautiful Place (RV)

We were passing through and found BLM land on AllStays about 10 miles off I-40. Very clean bathrooms. You can bring a RV in. We have a 34’ class A. Only about 10 sites each one has a fire pit, grill, tables and and cover. Some sites are pull through. No water or any kind of hook ups.

Free and comfortable!

Free campsite with first comes first policy and it fills up! The sites are pretty close to each other and there only 1 bathroom that gets very used. It’s kept clean but smells awful. Drinking water is available as well as grills and fire rings at every site. Bonus for amazing sunset views of the monument!

Amazing, well kept and beautiful!

There aren’t many electric sites if that’s important to you and some say they’re no level. Ours was.