No Fires
No Pets
No Drinking Water
About M-K Campground

M-K is a free campground located 2.6 miles up the Main Fork Rock Creek Road #2421, not far from the Beartooth Highway.  Mount Maurice Trail (#6) Corral Creek Trail (#9), Beartrack Trail (#8), Lake Fork Trail (#2), Parkside National Recreation Trail (#103), Hellroaring Plateau Trail (#11), Glacier Lake Trail (#3), Sheridan Campground, Rattin Campground, Parkside Campground, Limber Pine Campground and Greenough Lake Campground are also located in the Man Fork Rock Creek drainage.

Camp sites: 10 Max Trailer Length : 20ft Host : No Accessible Facilities: Vault Toilets Trash Pickup: No Firewood: No. Don't move firewood to other areas or bring in outside firewood. Prevent the spread of tree-killing insects by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it there. Reservations:
No Reservations: This campground does not use a reservation system, it is managed on a first-come, first-served basis. Be aware the campground may fill up on weekends & holidays during the summer months and you should arrive in the early afternoon to ensure there is a space available for the night. There is a 16 day stay limit.  Some sites have bear resistant food storage lockers.

M-K Campground remains open year-round. In the off-season there are no services, the campground is not maintained, and roads are not plowed. If you visit outside the peak fee season, please bring your own water, toilet paper (outhouse will remain open), and please pack out your trash.

Directions from district office:
Drive south on US Hwy 212 towards Cooke City for 10.9 miles. Turn right onto the Main Fork Rock Creek Rd (FR #2421). Drive 0.9 miles past Parkside, Greenough and Limberpine Campgrounds. Turn left
just have to Limberpine Campground to continue on the Main Fork Rock Creek Rd. Drive 2.6 miles to the campground.

*Please be advised the Main Fork Rd. is bumpy and rocky, especially beyond M-K campground. High clearance vehicles are recommended.

Information:

No Showers
No Water Hookups
M-K Campground is located in Montana
4 Reviews of M-K Campground
Amazing views of the glacier carved valley!

This is a great spot to stay for a while or to use as a base camp for setting off to some of the higher backcountry lakes. Be bear aware at all times and keep your food stored in a bear can or high and away from trees. Stopping here for a night is also a great idea if you're headed towards Yellowstone

Neat little spot

This place seems to be the ultimate in Beartooth Area campgrounds in my opinion. It is tucked away in the forest, you have to drive dirt roads to get there, and the sites are huge with lots of available fun to be had. Just like the other campgrounds in the area there are fire pits, picnic tables, small pull ins, and toilets. One place this campground stands out is the actual campsite. Each site is huge and has tons of soft flat dirt as well as trees everywhere for you hammock people. There was a storm blowing in while I stayed there but due to the trees it was quite peaceful at this campground. If you are into hiking this place is a wonderful jumping off point for tons of hikes such as Glacier Lake.

Good campground, beautiful lake and good hiking

This campground was great. It had everything that I love in a campsite. Water, hiking and great views. I stayed a few nights, and spent plenty of time in the water, getting dirty while hiking and taking in the great views while laying in my hammock. One hike that I did was called Corral Creek hike, and it was absolutely beautiful! I also did Glacier Lake and Murice Trail. I definitely put in some miles but it was so worth it!! The campground was fine, nothing too fancy. Just your typical campground with basic amentities. You get a fire pit and a picnic table and that's pretty much about it. They do have restrooms, but again they aren't anything fancy. There is a lake, it's not huge but serves its purpose! There are other lakes nearby that you can go to as well but I can't remember the names of them. Bring bug spray and also be on alert for wildlife. On my hike I did see a mountain goat, but did hear some people talking about seeing a bear. Just be on the look out and know that you can see wildlife. Great place, would definitely come back!

Gorgeous scenery and beautiful views on hikes

I picked this campground to stay at because I knew there was good hiking nearby. The campground however was a great spot to stay, it was well maintained and pretty clean. The campsites were fairly close together so that didn't leave much room for privacy. I think I'm kind of used to that from all the camping I do, so it didn't really bother me. The group next to us was a group of guys doing a bachelor party, so they were pretty rowdy but that was understandable. The hiking nearby is awesome! You can't get views like that very often. The mountains seemed to go on forever, it was picturesque. Sometimes I feel like pictures don't do the place justice and that was definitely the case here. I would also say that the road leading up to the campground is pretty rough, but we managed to get there in a small Subaru so I think most cars can make it. Our campsite had a picnic table and a fire pit. I would recommend bringing something to put over the picnic table,like a plastic cloth. The tables were pretty beat up and had sap on them from the trees! Restrooms also are on site, and were fairly clean. If you are a lady I would recommend bringing your own toilet seat covers because they didn't have any so I just squated! Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I would come back.