The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Dixon , MISSOURI

Most Recent Dixon Camping Reviews
Nestled in the trees

Some of the spots are close together but it seems to be that way because they kept as many natural trees as possible! We enjoyed the buddy sites so that our front doors faced our friends and the hookups were on the outside of each campsite. They also had group buddy sites that allowed four rigs to all front doors to face each other all being pull through sites.

My family also enjoy the Floating Trees ropes course. It was supposed to be about 2 hours but the instructors let them go an extra 45 minutes without anyone feeling rushed.

Huge beautiful park. A lot of hiking and biking trails. Boat ramp and store in the park. We saw about 20 deer each day.

“Resort” it is not

Due to a family issue we needed to make the drive home (about 1,100 miles) in a few days. Hit the road and decided we’d had enough for the day. Called to confirm a site was available for one night. Drove down a dirt road to arrive to a fairly unlevel gravel pad. Sites are crowded with a shared water hookup. Wanted to pitch our trash in the morning, but no can, dumpster, bin, etc. was available. Just expected a lot more for $50/night!

Ozark Outdoors

Ozark Outdoors provides our small group with a great environment and a beautiful 10 mile float. Camping was a little cramped, but it was still enjoyable. I want to go again and experience the other amenities that are offered such as high ropes and horseback riding.

Camping and Floating with friends

Had a great weekend camping out and floating with friends. They originally booked us for a tiny camping lot, and were awesome to find a larger spot for our group upon arrival. We rented one of the pavilions as well. It was awesome to be camped right on the creek and take a half way break at camp for lunch before finishing the float. Seemed to be a well run and kept place!

Spacious sites

We love Huzzah Valley. They have a system that is like a well oiled machine. Can reserve sites online, can check in from your car once you arrive. Very clean facilities. Sites are large and well kept.

Simply amazing

This place is spectacular. Make sure you get a water spot right on the lakes edge. We lucked in and were close to the marina which was a short walk…had supplies , beer, firewood ..bathrooms and showers close. A must see park on an RV trip. Super friendly. Amazing

I love this place!!

at the very back where it connects to the current river are some amazing bluffs to jump off of

Our favorite for group float trips

I've been camping and floating at Ozark Outdoors for the last 15 years. Huge campground with a family side and a late night side. Lots of updates in the last 15 years.

What a gem...even in the off season!

As a ranger for Dyrt I was really excited to come out to lake of the ozarks to get away from all the craziness in the world. The campground is massive and really the online version of it doesn’t do it much justice. I am here during the off season so things are a little cheaper. You have several different levels of sites to choose from. Some very close to the water and some away from water but a short walk from the water. The lake is a very popular lake and I’m sure from the start of the busy season it is packed. Right now…it is nothing but peaceful…seriously as I wrote this three deer walked wishing 20 feet of me.

I originally had chosen site 165 that is a primitive site on the water but since the lake is very low it is a lot of mud.

I moved to 87 which is right in the middle of the campground. Everything is very well maintained and you can tell where the crew has been clearing brush and fighting the rains. In the off season the showers are turned off but they do have a portable water source that is kept on.

Sites themselves are somewhat private…depending on where you book. Some sites are right on top of each other while others to can escape your neighbors a little.

All and all this campground was pretty dang amazing!

Product Review: As a Danger for Dyrt I get to demo and review products. This time around I got a slim folding kitchen from GCI. Super lightweight and product packaging was great. Cardboard box and the product…no plastic which is awesome to see. 1 piece of paper for instructions. Comes fully assembled right out of the box. It can easily be used for lots of ocassions; on a deck for a small grill, camping as a kitchen, tailgating for everything, or even just as an extra table. It is very lightweight and sturdy. Was very easy to transport it as it comes with a handle built in and is lightweight. Fold out for optimal use and has several different storage compartments. Also has the ability to hang tools off of it. I would highly recommend it as it will become one of my staples when traveling in the scamp bc it allowed me to cook outside.

The pros:

6. Environmentally friendly packaging
  7. Handle to carry it.

The cons:

1. No true places to hang bbq utensils
  2. Shelves are a little flimsy until they are locked in place which could bend if you aren’t careful
  3. If you break a part there is no way to replace it.

Hope you enjoy the review and most certainly come visit!