About Mark Twain State Park

This recreation area is part of Mark Twain Lake

Mark Twain State Park is located in Mark Twain Lake in Missouri
13 Reviews of Mark Twain State Park
Needs to shut down and investigated for all the cover up murders

Son was murdered , it was covered up as an alleged drowning . Haven't , yet to receive Reports from Missouri State Highway Patrol on son's death . Ralls County Sheriff Department wouldn't let me file a police report or neglect charges on my son behalf  , due to death from Michelle Fierge and her children , when I have messages and voice recordings that they killed my son in the woods of Mark Twain Lake , then threw him in the Lake .

Ranger Review: GCI Outdoor Master Cook Station at Mark Twain State Park

Campground Review:

Mark Twain state Park is an absolute blast. approximately 30 minutes from Hannibal MO this park sits on Mark Twain Lake. Several hiking trails in the area will get you in touch with nature and an abundance of deer. Large playgrounds in the camping area's as well as visitor center areas. All loops in this park have electric and basic sites. No water hookups aside from host sites. Best part is all shower houses fairly new. We never located any vault toilets but found all three loops had their own shower house.

Park has a boat ramp with ample parking and if you have better luck than I did a fish cleaning station. While having a boat ramp close may be a deterrent it was rare to have much boat noise with the tall trees surrounding these large private sites.

We stayed in site 76 in puma loop which was a sloping site but it was massive. The lots on either side of ours were similar in layout but much more level. 76 also has a path to the waterfront which we utilized daily.

It rained on us for most of our stay we found Mark twain state park to be well worth the trip.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time- today I am testing the GCI Outdoors Master Cook Station.

While looking at GCIOutdoors.com for the right item for my family to try out we were amazed at the function of their site.  We were able to compare multiple items flawlessly and despite  much debate locate an item we believed may reduce our overall need to pack everything including the kitchen sink. The cook station didn't immediately jump off the page for my wife. She had her heart set on a new rocker chair of which GCI Outdoors has an amazing selection. However, I was able to win her over after pointing out the endless options the Master Cook Station (AKA My Kitchen) Offers.

My Kitchen provides functionality as a table, a cook top, a drying rack, food storage, and does so taking up the same amount of space as a folding chair. Our first night in camp the dreaded dinner bell began ringing and my loving wife walked over to our new kitchen. After cooking, plating, and eating from this beast she looked at me and said, "Never again will I doubt your decision making about anything." (or at least thats how I remember it.) She actual was really impressed how this cook station had taking the stress out of meal time. With a built in sink we were able to cook, eat, and clean from a singular location and when done we could either fold it up and tuck it away or use it for evening activities.

As a pop up camper space is always limited and at a premium. The GCI Outdoor Master Cook Station not only met our expectations it surpassed them. This swiss army table will be a must have among all of our friends and the high quality of this product tells me that we will get to show it off for quite some time.

Lovely time

Great people.

Magical, private, peaceful!

There is something really magical about the campground we stayed at in Mark Twain! The designated spots feel secluded since they are bordered by forest. We got a spot right off the water and woke up to the sound of it in the morning. The hiking trails near by are also really beautiful and right along the river. Definitely recommend!

Clean and quiet

The sites are well spaced and clean. Our site was pretty unlevel and it took some work and levelers to get it straight. We rode around the campgrounds on our bikes and most of the other sites seemed level and more even. The bonus to our site was there are no sites directly adjacent so it is probably one of the quite spots. The restrooms and showers are very clean and well maintained. We met both hosts and they were friendly and accommodating. The closest store for provisions is about 15 miles away, but ice and firewood is available on site from both hosts. Overall, we are happy with the site and would stay here again.

Wow!

Plenty of space. Warm, clear, fresh water to swim in. Full of crystals and wildlife. We will be going back.

Peaceful

There are several campgrounds around the lake. I always stay in the Night Hawk campground at Indian Creek. There are a variety of hookup options for tent or camper/RV guests. There are shower houses with hot water, I have seen the crews regularly cleaning the bathroom/shower houses however be aware that there are still going to be bugs. Spalding beach is nice on hot summer days for swimming or just lying out in the sun. On Saturday nights there is a couple from the Corps of Engineers that do free activities for kids and families that we really enjoy. There is also a great restaurant, The Rustic Oak nearby that we visit every time we go to the lake. If you are looking for a peaceful weekend getaway this is the place!

Crowded

Always very packed but the lake is peaceful and great for boating ans fIshing and boat access Is nice. There is also a great, and decently easy, hiking trail located at the park that has great views of the lake.

Badger Loop

A group of us stayed on the Badger loop. Each has gravel pads with electric, picnic table, lantern pole and fire ring. Plenty of buffer between sites and quiet. Clean showers, park programs for kids and friendly camp host. We enjoyed driving over to Mark Twain’s birth place and shrine and antiquing in Perry.

Beautiful Camping, Historic Education, Incredible Lake

We camped at Mark Twain State Park for one night. We didn't go out on the lake, but agreed that we would love to come back here with a boat. The lake is huge - probably not a lake I personally would love to kayak in. The campgrounds were well kept and fairly secluded. Be sure to check out Mark Twain's Birthplace!