Water Unknown
About Song Dog Meadows

Enjoy this beautiful, 76-acre property with nearby pastures, woods and wetlands. There is opportunity for hiking, roads for off-highway vehicles and bird watching. There are 3 sites available with up to 54 guests per site. There are very limited amenities, but it is a property that offers an opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of every day life.

Price
$18.00
Private
Hike In
Song Dog Meadows is located in Michigan
1 Review of Song Dog Meadows
Large open property with fields and some woods

We have had an unusually wet spring here and this led to the property being very wet. I would like to try this place again in better conditions to give it a full accurate review. I knew going in the area had some wet spots, but I was surprised at how marshy the entire field areas were. We walked a lot of the property and had trouble staying on dry ground.

The owner Beth let me know that she wasn't able to mow the paths into the field due to it being so wet. It was kind of funny walking through 4-5ft tall grass to try and reach the wooded area in the NW corner. Unfortunately, once we reached the woods we were being swarmed with mosquitoes, even with bug spray on. The woods were not accessible to us because the growth at the field line was too dense to even walk through. We saw some running water just inside the tree line but we couldn't find a way into the woods to explore more. This was unfortunate, because we wanted to camp and do some walking around in the woods.

The map says there are trails in the woods, but I can't say for sure. So it would be nice to go back someday when it has been dry for a few weeks prior to the trip. It seems this property is prone to being wet.

We ended up camping in the field and set up some tarps to provide shade and relief from the hot sun. There are no trees to provide shade except for back at the woods at the furthest location on the property.

I'm hoping that with dry weather and a mowed field that this would be a better camping experience. There are no"set" campsites and the campground is essentially a field and a section of woods. It appears as though it was an old farm field as there are a few pieces of equipment scattered in the tall grass.