Camping in Martindale Beach

13 Reviews of 2 Martindale Beach, Michigan Campgrounds

David B.
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Nice park

Really enjoyed having a site on the River and watching the ships.

Tim & Nancy C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2020

Friendly? Spacious lots of activities

We stayed in area A in a water/electric site. It was a Boo Fest weekend. Lots of socially distanced activities for the kids and a scavenger hunt (finding clues on signs in park to solve a mystery). There 26 miles of bike trails and hiking. Many in park are paved. Also a disc golf course. Sites in…

Broccoli Boss B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2020

Modern and quiet

This is a great family campground. I’ve only stayed in section D with my tent. It is heavily wooded and I don’t see my neighbors in section D. Cell phone tower is close by. We especially enjoy the intermediate level mountain bike trails. Showers are hot. Lots of deer to see at dusk.

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2020

We love it here

Always been a great trip. Good sites I have stayed in both area B and C. Great hiking trails easy access. Friendly staff.

J
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2020

Truly a beautiful vacation spot

I enjoyed the trails, disc golf and overall wonderful Park staff! Extremely clean and well-kept

Ron E.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2019

Nice quick weekend retreat

Nice quick weekend retreat campground. Cement pads, water, and electric. Loop C is spacious with some trees

K
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2019

Peaceful

This was our first time camping. The park has a beautiful 2.5 mile trail around the lake that makes this campground great. We brought our own kayaks but they do rent boats. We saw deer and rabbit. Our spot #18 I felt was spacious and not to close to the people next to us and trees behind us. We had…

Barb L.
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2019

Clean, quiet relaxed

I've stayed at Addison Oaks campground many times over a few decades. It's clean and mostly quiet. A nice relaxing park.

The park offers nice holiday activities - we were last there for Halloween camping.

Would be nice to have a swimming option - I understand beach was permanently closed a few…

Sarah P.
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2018

Family campground

If what you're looking for is family fun, you can find it here! However, if you are like me and like more rustic camping, this is not the place for you. The sites are very close together and you can see all of your neighbors. It's what we like to call "parking lot campgrounds." There are plenty of…

Jennifer O.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2018

Huge, clean, and great fun!

We stayed in one of the group sites and it was beautiful. Less tree cover than we would have liked, you're basically in a giant grassy field, but it was perfect for a large group. we did have to share a pavilion with a group of older campers (celebrating a 90th birthday. Our group was there to…

• Beach area
  • Group camp pavilion
  • Volleyball courts nearby
SiteGroup Site
Beth W.
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2018

Beautiful Sites

Loved our site! Beautiful sites- more nature than many “campgrounds” - Deer, nature trails, great sites... would be 5 stars if they had a lake or pool to swim in. kids liked the big slide but we would of loved to swim. Great staff - great park!

Wendy K.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2018

Modern and submerged in nature!

Tons of trails for hiking and biking. They have kids activities on the weekends, a lake for swimming, great playgrounds and everything is really clean.

Art S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2016

Algonac State Park

As I ride my bicycle north on SR 29, the shoulder is wide and there are plenty of signs that tell drivers this is a bikeway. I decided to go off route and stay along this road. It curves around the point, hugging Lake St. Clair.

The town of Algonac was not as I pictured it. A lady had told me…

• This is the view right next to my campsite. Choosing a site on the water was one of the perks
  • Plenty of places to stop and reflect along the water