the dyrt
DH camp ground is located in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in Michigan
23 Reviews of DH camp ground

Check our national park

Conveint and ideally located

This is a large campground, supplied with electrical and nice burn pits.it is located on the shores of lake Michigan. You are within hiking or short driving distance or many of the area's attractions. I prefer a bit more spaces between campers, but also appreciate the popularity of the area.

Beautiful, rustic campground

This place is awesome for rustic camping. There are stunning views of the lake which is just a short hike from the campsites. these sites fill up fast in the summer months

Gorgeous

Campground is clean, quiet, and campsites are private with room and trees between. There are small trails leading to Lake Michigan and beautiful beaches. A quick drive away from the dune climb!

Watch out for Poison Ivy

Great location and very close to Lake Michigan. Glen Arbor and Traverse City were close by as well. Enjoyed morning walks on the beach and a nice refreshing swim. It was also a nice campground to walk through with a few side trails. The camp sites were spacious and well kept.

But the reason I am giving it a 3 is because of the poison ivy. I am not allergic but did touch a log for our fire that had come in contact with the plant. My girlfriend ended up with the rash and we were later told that DH Day is known for having poison ivy.

Great Place for a Family Camping Trip

I have been to D.H. Day repeatedly over the years. It is one of my favorite campgrounds on the planet. All the sites are close to the beach. The campground is a great base to explore the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes National park. The campground is close to Glen Arbor where you can get a decent dinner.

Right on the Lake

I love that this camp ground is right on Lake Michigan, with a sandy beach. It's rustic enough, but close to Glen Arbor if you need anything. Also on the Heritage Trail, which is an added bonus.

So beautiful!

This is a beautiful state park and national lakeshore! It is a classic area to stargaze on a clear night or make a day out in the sun. Fun for big groups and small groups alike. From the dune climb, it’s possible to walk the dunes to Lake Michigan. It is quite the trek, but well worth it.

Fantastic Campground!

We love staying at D. H. Day campground. Make sure to arrive early as it is first come only. The sites are nestled in the woods with a great atmosphere. So nice to be able to walk to the beach of Lake Michigan from the campground. Very close to several attractions and quaint towns nearby. Would recommend anyone stay here!

Ranger Review: OOFOS Men's OOcloog Project Pink Clog at D. H. Day Campground

Campground Review: This beautifully wooded campground sits on the edge of Lake Michigan, just south of the famous Sleeping Bear Dunes. All sites have picnic tables and fire rings, and water spigots and pit toilets are scattered throughout the campground. Some sites have direct access to the beach and there is a nice bike/walking path connected to the campground. It can accommodate everything from tents to very large RV’s.

No matter if you are into climbing dunes, cycling, water sports or watching sunsets, there is something for everyone to do. There is even a unique firewood vending truck which allows you to get wood whenever you want it!

Just a few miles from the campground are the towns of Empire and Glen Arbor, which have great eats and drinks at various restaurants. Be sure to stop by the famous Cherry Republic, the ode to the deliciously tart Michigan cherry.

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I was able to test the Men's OOcloog Project Pink Clog. I won a gift card from The Dyrt in May and ordered a pair for myself and my husband.

What I like most about these shoes:

• Very comfortable and lightweight. I’m on my feet all day at work and my feet don’t hurt at the end. It’s kind of like having one of those cushy “cashier mats” attached to your feet.
  • I wear socks with them mostly, and my feet don’t sweat. My feet do sweat quite a bit without socks though.
  • Great traction. I’ve worn them on slippery surfaces without a problem -- campground showers, on the boat, and in a commercial kitchen.
  • Versatile and classy. They can go from work to play because they have cleaner lines and a slimmer toe box than most other plastic clogs. I now wear them as much camping as a I do at work.
  • Quite durable, with no signs of wear yet.

Some challenges we encountered:

• Shipping is sllooowww. It took almost 2 weeks for these shoes to arrive and they were not on backorder. Now, to be fair, shipping is free, but seems like it could be much faster since they were shipped FedEx. Plan ahead if you want to order these shoes for a special trip.
  • Sizing chart on the website doesn’t seem accurate. Women’s shoes run a size smaller. If you are a 9, order a 10.

Product Link: https://www.oofos.com/collections/ribbon/products/oofos-ribbon-oocloog-mens?variant=17167489093

Product Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hfcc1fQYyY&t=5s