the dyrt
KoA
Bar Harbor / Woodlands KOA is located in Maine
2 Reviews of Bar Harbor / Woodlands KOA
Bar Harbor/Woodlands KOA

Typically, a KOA wouldn’t have been my first choice. They tend to be campy and incredibly dense-if I wanted to feel like I was “camping in the ‘burbs” I’d go and tent out at my parents’ backyard. I was pleasantly surprised, however, with Bar Harbor/Woodlands KOA!

Having only planned my Maine getaway only three weeks prior, I was without many choices. I caught a lucky break with this KOA. The grounds provided a comfortable, yet affordable option, while being within close proximity to Bar Harbor, Acadia, and all the amenities Mount Desert Island has to offer.

My site, 735, was wooded and while denser than most state or federal parks I venture to, provided the shade and privacy I enjoy when camping. The facilities were clean and updated- which was actually a nice change for me! Much of the programming was of course geared toward kids and family. One such event included a family-friendly “hayride” that embarked at dusk in search of the infamous “bigfoot”. I got the biggest kick out of the 6 foot cryptid running at me while cleaning dishes.

I also need to give a shout-out to the friendly and helpful staff, who assisted me in a pinch when my car battery died! Kindness is never forgotten!

If you and your loved ones find yourself out in this neck of the woods or planning your own Maine getaway, this is not a bad stop! As a tent camper who enjoys that “woodsy” wilderness feel, I recommend sites 624, 701, 702, 707, 710, 715, and 735. 710 is arguably the best site on the grounds, and 624 provided a combination of solitude and convenience with its “camp kitchen” fixture.

You also have your choice of cabins, classic and deluxe, campers, “glamper” tents and group sites.

Perfect For Families, Private

my daughter begs to camp here. As with any KOA they have lots of activities throughout the day for families, and a pool, but she loves the ice pop contest. if you find a painted rock and bring it to the office you get a free ice pop. it’s the simple things in life, right? we tent camp, without power, so we are way out back. no car noise, Private, a bit of a walk to the showers and bathrooms but the privacy is worth it. the staff are always super nice and they sell ice and fIrewood which I always seem to need!