About Kdwp Clinton State Park

This recreation area is part of Clinton Lake

Kdwp Clinton State Park is located in Kansas
16 Reviews of Kdwp Clinton State Park
Easy car camping

Lots of spots to choose from. Can be packed, especially on holiday weekends. I usually come here with larger groups of people or to test out new gear since it's the closest to my house. Campground 1 is definitely the best area. Lots of easily accessible trails, but water views are non existent and water access is not close.

Not very rural

Not bad, but Clinton is just not very rural place in general. No much of a view in this spot eather

Could be better

Clinton is somewhat close to us, so that is its big pull for us. The biggest pull for me is stopping in Lawrence on the way home. Lawrence is a college town with great restaurants and shops. Clinton had great views, questionable bathrooms, however. Depending on when you go, you may get rowdy college kids nearby. We always find ourselves going back for the convenience.

Just not very scenic

The potential is there as the lake is a pretty lake. The problem is that most if not all of the campgrounds are so fare removed from a view of the lake, you might as well be in a random pasture.

The campgrounds are clean, safe and well maintained. Just not very pretty.

Especially nice state park with more activities

Rolling hills and lots of green with many of trails and recreational facilities including more unusual things like archery. Lake is surprisingly big, good wildlife and birding. Popular place for bike and road races, that’s what brought us here. Camp sites have pretty trees but most sites aren’t so shady. Also has cabins.

Probably would not go back

My husband and I got eaten alive by mosquitoes within a minute of getting it of our car. Needed to use the restroom and there was no toilet seat, the place looked and smelled disgusting, and it was simply unusable. I will not be back.