About Timber Lake Resort
Private
Timber Lake Resort is located in Illinois
2 Reviews of Timber Lake Resort
Live music!

Found this place by snooping around the internet prior to a free weekend. Made a call and had reservations for the next day/weekend. They had live music, loud live music Saturday night. To be fair, the music was made clear on their webpage. We were kind of close and didn’t have to go to the stage area to hear it clearly. It was good music and it was fun. They have a margarita bar as we’ll as a bags tournament. (Corn hole anyone?) The pool is big and clean. There is a little store and a snack bar too. The camp spaces are wacky and strangely placed, but with some buddy sites. The rise angle to our space was almost too much to back in without dragging the bumper. Once in, the concrete pad was level. Lots of seasonal residents and lots of golf carts. Lots of kids driving golf carts all day, and lots of drunks driving golf carts at night especially after the music wound down in the dark, many without lights on. The golf cart stupidly cost a star for this review. There is supposed to be fishing and peddle boat rentals, but it it has rained and the little lake was dark brown and dirty.

Ranger Review: Matador Transit Tote Bag at Timber Lake Resort

Campground Review

Although it is a beautiful location, our site, 124 it was situated next to the lake. And across the lake was Timberlake playhouse where they had live music several times throughout the day. To the other side of us was the live music at the resort, which was impressive considering. If you like that kind of thing. It was way too loud for me to enjoy this particular campground. Most of the sites had concrete pads and overall it was well-maintained. To me there is just nothing wilderness like about this place. The fishing was less than par. My son enjoyed the pool and some of the activities, it was Lego weekend.

Product Review

What I really appreciated was the opportunity to use a couple items we received from Matador. The one thing I really enjoyed using was the Matador transit tote bag. That little thing was easy to pack in my bag and when I needed to use it I packed a Ton of stuff in it. It was incredibly durable and able to hold all of the stuff I needed for my puppy one day. And then I would give it a thumbs up for being puppy proof as well. She could not tear through that thing if she wanted to. I’m excited to use other Matador gear, but I can tell you that this tote will go with me everywhere, on every trip camping or not. It’s lightweight, durable, and a great looking tote. Overall it packs a lot of stuff into it. I can attest that 4 beach towels, suntan lotion, and a frisbee all fit comfortably in there.