Alorton, ILLINOIS

Most Recent Alorton Camping Reviews
Nice little park

This is a nice little park in southern Illinois. It is surrounded by cornfields, however the park is wooded. The park surrounds a very pretty lake and I have attached a picture.

The host was very nice and helpful. The bathhouse was clean and had hot water for the showers.

Great For Adventuring

Whether you’re at one of the 25+ lakes in area, one of many beautiful trails, the mysterious WWII bunkers or the scenic roadways, Weldon Spring offers many an escape in the middle of town. Popular amongst marijuana users as the area is so big and close to the large sub-urban area nearby. It’s clean and a great spot for a group or individuals any time of the year.

This is somebody's house

I don't know why this is on the app but it appears to be someone's house

Easy off highway stop

Quick one night stop along our road trip. Decent tent sites, standard ones are definitely more private than those with electric and water. Nice spot along the creek, but had other campers cutting through our site throughout the night. Overall decent experience.

Campground is Okay

We just stayed here for one night traveling back from Yellowstone. Campsites seem fine and level, but somewhat close together.

There was one obnoxious camper who was making a lot of noise after hours right across from the host. I’m no prude but some loud mouth dropping f-bombs with a zillion kids around is not okay.

Dump station was just fine.

5 stars

I can not say enough good about this campground. Our 6 month stay was absolutely wonderful we had no issues whatsoever. The staff is great and the amenities were top notch. We travel the country and this is on of the best campgrounds we have stayed at. Thank you pinoak creek. We will be back to stay again. If your in the area I recommend them highly

Hazlet-Carlyle Lake

This is a decent place with quite a few spots with lake views. Well maintained. Plenty of shade. Tents and RVs. Crowded most holidays. Close to grocery. Great Mexican restaurant in town.

Very well kept

I was thoroughly impressed with the upkeep of this area. The campground is well maintained and has plenty of hiking area, fishing area, and playing/swimming area for children. Everything at this place was decent. The only thing I would change is the ONE dump station for this massive campground. Corps of Engineers to well on this place!

Huge! Sites....

I have gone to Idnr Hazlet since I was a little kid. The lake is definitely an upside while in 100 degree IL humidity. Most of the campsite are spacious and almost every one has water access as long as you don’t mind a little mud. The bathrooms could be cleaner but other wise not to shabby. Unfortunately I don’t have any picture to did it justice.

Bathrooms not cleaned

We usually like this park but right now I would not say it is safe to visit. Covid is running rampant in this area and they are not cleaning the bathrooms well if at all.

To be frank, when I went in the bathroom at 10:30am today there was period blood on the toilet seat, a blood clot on the floor and a bloody tampon in the trash. When I went back at 6:00pm, it was all still there and it smelled DISGUSTING! Totally unacceptable.

They are not enforcing social distancing. And right now the law is that when you are indoors in this county you must have on a mask and that includes the bathrooms at the park. We haven’t seen masks on anyone but ourselves.

Some Missouri State Parks are doing a great job and this is not one of them. I would stay away and keep yourself and your family safe.