Camping in Vollmer

112 Reviews of 37 Vollmer, Idaho Campgrounds

Ember W.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Camping

We stayed one night. Would have stayed more if needed. We stayed at the saquashe campsite. It was nice. Bathrooms were yuck 🤮, but they are outhouses.

Sitesasquache
Mike E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Small well kept CG !

This campgrounds off the beaten track down of forest development road near deery idaho. A great little hidden gem. The campground roads and camp spots are paved and most spots are level or very near level. Easy to back in and set up trailers, although some of the back ends are probably a little…

C
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Beautiful setting on the Selway

Very well maintained location with many great riverside camp spots. There is a beach with a good fishing spot. No firewood is for sale here and the site has been thoroughly picked over for wood so bring your own, if you'd like a fire.

C
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Reserve online beforehand

The site is very well maintained and clean. There is very little cell service and reservations are required. There is free (verrrry slow) wifi that can be used but we recommend booking ahead to save about 20 minutes when you arrive.

SiteEast (tent camping)
L
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Tight spaces, cold shower

Sites are stacked on top of each other, need quarters for showers that are ice cold

J
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Great campground needing work

One night on our way north. Great fishing spot. Stayed in C64 . I got to you all my orange blocks for our bottom step out of our trailer . Looks like erosion has happened over time there is about 4 or so feet Vertical drop from the parking pad to the fire ring . The park is closing C loop and B…

SiteC 64
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Very nice campground

Good hiking and fishing. Electric motor boating allowed. Clean, well patrolled by forest service.. very safe!

Agnes B.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

5th wheel traveling with big family and multi age group kids

To start, what a gorgeous area! Quiet, calm, nice.

At first when we rolled into our spot I thought I was going to be in huge trouble- drive through spot with a wicked drop off on the right side (camper door side) with the fire pit and picnic table at the bottom. I pictured kids falling, food…

D
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Great location

The past negative reviews sound more like an angry family to me. I pulled in (camping alone my first time) and had a warm welcoming. Once I got my tent set up I decided I wanted to set up sleeping in my car and my current spot didn’t allow vehicles. I waited around to see if it was filling up for…

K
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

Easy access!!

Right by the Clearwater River. Downtown is within walking distance. City park nearby. Management is super nice. Restrooms very clean

Marian J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Beautiful tall pines!

We have come here to fish on several occasions but never camped! We tent camp and we enjoy semi-level ground, which we had! The bathrooms are pit but are kept very clean!

• Our best view!
  • The rear of our campsite!
  • Setting up camp is exhausting!
Nancy C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Hells Gate is anything but Hell

PROS: *The campground is very shady which is great when it's 102 degrees (record breaking year). *The sites are pretty level and easy in and out.
*They irrigate so there is lush grass everywhere. *Lots of biking in park and nearby along the riverfront. *Very nice Lewis and Clark Discovery…

Nancy C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Peace in the pines

Upon arrival, we immediately felt the peacefulness. Our site was tucked into the pines creating a canopy of coolness in the midst of the oppressing heat of this record breaking year.

The sites are somewhat level. Easily adjusted to make them work. The space between sites are not as generously…

• plenty of shade
  • site 24.
  • review sites carefully if you have mobility issues
Marian J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Beautiful but busy with ATV's

We stayed in a cabin for two nights in late June 2021 and had an awesome time! Lots of great tent and RV campsites in a nicely maintained park! They have ONE handicapped cabin and 3 regular! Bathrooms are pit style but kept very clean!

SiteCabin