Craigmont , IDAHO

Camping Idaho Craigmont

Most Recent Craigmont Camping Reviews
Great for RVs and Day use

I visited but did not stay here because I could not hang my hammock at the sites.

Overall I found the area to be nice, especially the day use areas. I would plan a bbq here in the future and plan to return if they are still open when I’m done with my backpacking years. It looked very accommodating for people who don’t get around so well.

Great dispersed camping areas

My favorite price for a camp site is free. After buying all my camping gear (including winter gear) I have preferred to get out and rough it.

There’s a doc on a small pond that’s great for fishing or drinking a few in some camping chairs.

This place is open in the winter. I want to come back and have my try at ice fishing but I’m waiting to buy a nice pair of snow shoes to be able to get in during mid-winter.

Not surrounded by the city dwellers.

This is a bit from Orofino but it’s far enough away to where you really feel like your out there in nature.

We come to this area every summer around the time of logging sport competitions, and we opted to stay here after a few years of staying closer to town with a not so great camping experience.

They had fire circles, and restrooms as well as tables. There’s a nice little creek nearby which really makes this spot a cute and comfy area for a campground.

Good area to hang out for a few hours.

We checked this area while scouting spots for our logging sports team.

There were very few tent site cams but a lot of RV areas.

When we scouted it out, it was totally full. Because there’s so few spots for what we wanted we decided our chances of getting a spot elsewhere on the first show was more likely.

Great for day use

I came here to hang out during a logging sports event and I really enjoyed the doc area where I sat with my feet in the water. We did not swim (except my dog), but we enjoyed the landscape and the lush green grass they were growing.

I do want to camp in this park but we were camping at another location with the logger sports team.

A very nice area

This spot is killer! A tad pricey but it’s really oriented towards RV camping so it’s not that surprising.

Handicap accessible

Sometimes it’s hard to find sites where you can have a person in a wheelchair move around okay. These sites are good for that according to my cousin who has camped with out family in this area.

There is a lot of gravel on the roads though so it’s not as nice as having paved areas but we camped close to the restroom and managed (he’s young and did not mind a slight struggle).

My family’s site had a lot of packed soil making most of the traveling simple as we only stayed on the site for one night ti watch the stars.

Great views

This area has great views an the local fish hatchery is just around the corner.

The cites are primitive but they do have toilets and places for RVs.

Take a moment to check out the lake by big Eddie as it have pristine blue waters and a lot of recreational sites for bbqs and just getting some R&R. 😌

CLOSED

Don’t come here, we got this spot mixed up with another park with the same name in a different state and thought maybe it was open.

There was no way to access the park. It must be an old listing.

Boat Lauch mostly.

This area is mostly a boat launch area, but there are places to camp nearby if you hike around.

There are areas nearby to boat into if you already know where you plan on staying.

The waters are gorgeous near here, and perfect for swimming, but be careful of boats, as the water is very deep in most areas which makes it a prime boating area.

Lots of trees for hammocks if you are into that sort of thing, and there is plenty of free parking around.