Yurts
Equestrian
About Farragut State Park
Farragut State Park is located in Idaho
19 Reviews of Farragut State Park
A really big park with lots to do

Pros: The park is beautiful. We had fun boating and swimming on the lake. Lots of bike riding and hiking. A good junior ranger program. A historic museum to visit and some old ruins to explore (in the dark?). FREE hot showers!!!!! Flat, clean campsites. Cons: They don’t allow hammocks. No dogs at the swimming beach. The camp host was not very friendly. The park is really big. It’s divided up into separate campgrounds (we stayed in whitetail) so it keeps the size from being overwhelming. But it still has the feel of a “big park”.

Perfect for family reunions

The park has new showers/restrooms that are absolutely beautiful! Only one in our loop- so quite a jaunt. Playgrounds. Near a lake for those who love water sports.

Checking in wasn’t the best experience. The lady at the desk was cross. When we mentioned we had stayed four nights at a previous location she went off on a tirade asking if we realized that we could only spend 14 consecutive nights in state parks.

We arrived at noon and got the last spot and it was pricy ($35.74). Checkout was 1:00pm but we were not allowed to bring our Popup trailer into the loop before 2:00 because they said the site had to be cleaned and that the hosts got mad if people came earlier.So we sat in the hot parking lot by the visitors center waiting for 2:00pm… only to be told we would probably need to move our vehicles before the lot filled with RVs which were coming in. Where ?
At the campsite, we gave the table a good scrub down.
Walk in sites are rare during peak season. You need a reservation. We were lucky but were told we can only stay one day. We won’t return.

Great swimming!

Huge park! Lots of things to do. Great swimming area. Tent pad at campsite was raked and flat. Junior Ranger program available Fri, Sat, Sun nights. 5 min drive to Silverwood! Downside, all playground equipment was removed due to being outdated and unsafe and no soap in the bathrooms.

Good for big groups

I have had multiple large family reunions in this area and all of them have successful and enjoyed by everyone young and old.

A night to remember!
Back when I was 19, I stayed at Farragut back around June 2013. I was with a friend’s family and I guess we didn’t bring a tent. We only had sleeping bags and a fire to keep us warm. We ended up burning every pine needle/leaf in our area. The night was very long and cold.

In the morning, I ran to the hot showers. While my best friend chose to stay in her sleeping bag cocoon, on the ground. Thank goodness they have showers!! I drove away around 7am, it was so foggy it seemed like Silent Hill, and deer were in large groups jumping across the foggy road. Leaving my best friend to go on my first date with my now fiancé.

Other than the cold, the camp ground was beautiful and quiet for how populated it was. We even were invited to a game of volleyball with another family. Fond memories even with such a dreadful night and tear inducing morning!

Beautiful and Peaceful

There is plenty of hiking and shore fishing access spots.

Beautiful park

Spent 2 weeks at Farragut SP last summer while visiting our grandkids in Spokane, WA. This is a beautiful park, with lots of hiking, fishing and boating on Lake Pend Oreille. It was a navy training base during WW2, so there is also some history. The campground is large, but some sites are a little tight. We needed help getting our 20’ travel trailer into the spot we had. Water and electric only, no sewer. Bathroom and shower house was clean and well kept. We saw lots of blue birds and deer during our visit. There is a large frisbee golf course, too.

A vacation getaway or a mountain escape

Farragut state park has many campgrounds available to fit every campers style. Tent camping, RV camping, cabin rentals, even camping with your horses! Whatever your style there is a campground here for you. Water and bathrooms at every campsite make it comfortable, the views and countless trails to hike make it breathtaking, and the list of things located in the park make it the perfect vacation site! Peaceful lake views, disc golf, tree to tree adventure course, swimming area, fishing, museums, and horse trails are a few of the things to do while camping in this amazing state park. Even with all these events located here, you'll find peaceful serenity and a true camping feel for the whole family.

Roller Coasters & Nature

A huge park 🏞you will never run out of space to explore here. My family camped here many times throughout my childhood. Close to Silverwood Theme Park 🎡you can spend the day playing on rides 🎢 and the night sitting around the campfire 🔥I remember one day we saw a mother bear 🐻and her cubs as we were picnicking in the day area. Definitely the best of both worlds.

North Idaho Beauty

Farragut camping has been a family favorite. The spacious campsites, closeness to the lake, and closeness to the grocery store (when needed) is wonderful.