The best YURTS camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Wallston Camping Reviews
Beautiful falls and great recreation area.

We stayed in the back loop of the campground site #83. It was nice as there were only 3 other sites occupied on the loop. It faced the woods and we could hear an owl off in the distance and saw several different species of birds and tons of squirrels. The campground really makes you feel like you’re in the forest along some areas are not private at all. Nice campground and the bathrooms were clean. The staff came by to verify our reservations even before I could get set up as I hadn’t placed my tag on the site post. They also came by and removed our tag before we had even packed up the following morning which I felt was kinda extra. We did the falls trail and it was beautiful. Part of the trail is along the river and the rest is further in the forest. Lots of cool rocks to hike over. The trail was marked but somewhat unclear at times as you could go both ways. Definitely a great place to check out. There’s an old power plant building and plenty of day use areas and fishing.

Gone twice now. First time was used tents. Mid summer. Very busy, we got the last spot of the night. Clean bathrooms. Big sites. This weekend. January 23 and, 24th. First time in our new travel trailer. Big site. Plenty of room for the kids to run and play. Friendly staff and visiters. Will be going back….

Beautiful State Park

Great state park is right off busy I75 highway. It has two different campgrounds. One by the lake is very beautiful; site 112 lake front is great. The other campground is by the falls and deep in the wood. All site are large, level, and gravel. Cell phone signals might not good.

Needs some work

High falls SP, GA

Stopped here on an overnight enroute south in September . Weekday and very sparsely occupied, so it was very quiet.

After seeing both campgrounds I wish I had stayed at the upper one near the lake and dam.

The lower campground has a coded gate and was in a separate area across the street and down the road. You can hike to the lake/dam area by way of Tranquility Trail (2.5 miles).

There are basically three areas, (two loops and a circle)with two latrines. The latrine in the circle area had a washer and dryer. I did not go in the other one.

Several of the sites picnic tables and fire rings sat close together so if you don’t know your “neighbors” you will get to know them.

The other sites were good size and you have some privacy. There are big grassy area in each loop and it’s all shaded.

My site was near the river but it’s a somewhat treacherous trail down to water level. The water looked like chocolate milk and was not very inviting. I would guess there had been recent flooding and high water areas. Fishing would have been easy enough.

The staff was ….. interesting. One of the woman at the check in openly voiced her opinion about a much nicer camping area at another location. Then there was the kamikaze guy on the “golf cart” speeding crazily through the campground. I realize they don’t have speedometers, however he was going faster then 15 mph.

Clean, family friendly

This campground was a great place to spend the weekend. There are several historic hydro-electric areas to explore and scenic streams where you can skip rocks or fish. The camping area has several clean rest rooms with hot water showers. There is a camp store and rec area for the kiddos!

Beautiful scenery but noisy

Absolutely gorgeous scenery - it’s not only on a lake but also on a dam and 3+ waterfalls. The nature trails are also really interesting. The facilities are decent and it’s particularly good if you like fishing and kayaking.

Downside if you get a campsite on the side of the dam (it’s split - one side is on the lake/dam, the other is on the river/falls) - it’s right next to private housing and those are some party loving people at 2am. Their dogs also have bark battles all night long.

5 stars for the park itself. 0 stars for the neighbors.

A clean stop

The campsites are very clean, and the facilities are well taken care of. It’s relatively easy to drive a trailer into your site. The downsides are that its a bit buggy - lots of flies in particular, and the sites don’t often have grass which makes it difficult if you have a pet. WiFi signal was pretty terrible, we had a hard time working remotely with our hotspots.

Close to I-75 but still quiet

High Falls State Park is named for the cascade waterfall that flows from the lake in the park. It is a pretty good waterfall, on the Towaliga River. There is a campground with over 200 sites, with water & electric, 30/50 amp, Some are pull-thru, and a pioneer camping spot. There are also 6 lakeside yurts, with a small deck & picnic table. There is a small store and a dump station. You can rent kayaks, canoes and paddle-boards. There us also a small playground and a mini golf. The park also has swimming pool. Fishing is supposed to be big here, but I didn’t fish. Boat ramps are available.

You can hike along the edge of the waterfall, and there were people sunning and playing in the pools below the falls.

Love the Trail along the Waterfalls

See RV Camping Journal for details

High Falls State Park River Campground and Lakeside Campground

Beautiful park. See RV Camping Journal for details.