The best YURTS camping near
Viola , GEORGIA

Most Recent Viola Camping Reviews
Stunning as can be

Wow! Mother Nature is sure the baddest of them all… This place have everything from hiking trails, camping and daily picnics, it’s not over crowded to where it’s uncomfortable but it’s so still and an essence of such a chill vibe. If I could move here I would! Clean and well kept.

If you want to go to day use they do charge 5 dollars for parking.

When camping you have free range of the water for kayaks, canoes, etc. Just NO swimming’s allowed. They have yurts, walk up tent camping and regular spots available. Nice covered areas where the group table is and grill. Each yurt spot had a table which is very nice, lantern holders and charcoal grill. That have very well and defined paths that are lighted at night. Oh and did I mention the most amazing park for your children…

Clean bathrooms and potable water and trash cans available

Super impressed and the camp host is nice.

Here are my star ratings based on my lifestyle and what I like. I'm also a mother, dog mama, and a wife so it's not just me it's my crew and i. 1 star- AUTOMATIC relocate… the property is no longer there, trashed or/and I could never have my children there and I wouldn't ever think about staying no matter what. 2 star- Not really my jam, and would NEVER go to again… It probably more of desert life and not really my style for sure…Being from Vegas I can't stand being in the desert and I love the Trees and the Green more than anything. 3 star- Would stay there again in a pinch, but not really my style, the reason its not is because not enough family things to do, the scenery, or the location… but I would go again and feel safe having my kiddos here but only if I needed to in a pinch. 4 star- a really good rating for sure, maybe needed some improvements, minor things like being on top of each other, not a lot of privacy, but honestly little cosmetic things that aren't anything to sweat and would be back again for sure. 5 star- MY FAVORITE… love the location, safety, the surroundings, big camp spots available to fit toys for my kids to play, hammocks to hang, our big family tent, cases of firewood, our suburban or RV, etcccccc….. I would not only come back but would live if I could!!! Anyway thanks for reading and enjoy every moment like it's your last! CHEERS!

Overlander finally pitched a tent

I stopped into Atlanta for a few nights and wanted a covid-safe accommodations and a spot to hike and shoot photography. Sweetwater Creek camping was sort of primitive camping in a city setting. You could definitely hear traffic going by the camp site as a thoroughfare runs through the park. The bathroom facilities and shower were among the cleanest I’ve seen on the road and the hiking was really great. Not busy at all in the early AM. Kudos to the camp host and staff. Although I always prefer sleeping in the back of my Land Cruiser, I’d pitch a tent and definitely stay again for a couple nights in the future.

Campground is fairly large with lots of sites for RVs, a few Cabins, yurts, and even tent sites. There is a really nice and well maintained pool, hot tub, and splash area for small kids. The RV sites near the pool are concrete pads and well spaced out. The sites below the pool area are a little tighter and un-level and our lot was covered in ants. Since we arrived late at night we didn’t realize the amount of ants until we woke up to them crawling all over our camper. 30 amp circuit was not adequate. The breaker continually tripped while using small kitchen appliances. Other than that we had a great time and really appreciated the trash pickup twice a day and the Dollar General that was only a 1/4 mile down the road.

Higher Price for not a lot

This park as raised its prices and no longer offers the Good Sam discount. The pool and playground are nice. It also has a nice building available for groups to rent. Other than that.. the price is high for what you get.

Must go!

One of our favorites by far! Trails are shaded and very nice!

Small campground - nice hiking

Sweetwater Creek SP is just a few minutes from downtown Atlanta. It’s a great place for hiking and fishing, but camping is limited. A wooded hiking trail follows the stream to the ruins of the New Manchester Manufacturing Company, a textile mill burned during the Civil War by General Sherman’s troops. The ruins can only be entered by taking a ranger led guided tour. There are several other trails that climb the rocky bluffs, as well as trails through the fields and woods. There is no beach and swimming in the lake is not allowed. Fishing boats, canoes, kayaks, paddleboards and pedal boats can be rented and there is a bait shop/park store. The campground is small, just 5/6 sites, with no facilities. There is also a boat ramp, fishing dock, museum and playground. Wi-Fi is available in the Visitor Center & Bait Shop.

Beautiful place, even had a wedding here!

The wedding was spectacular even though it rained, the bathrooms were clean, the grounds were spacious and the water views were to die for. This park is hidden off the beaten patch of coming from the south of it but it is one not to miss.

Great History-Manchester Mill Ruins

This is a great state park with good fishing on three lakes.

Make sure you go see Manchester Mill Ruins.

Great camping spot for family!

The tent sites and the yurts are very close together. Both of which are right on the lake. Plenty to do for the family,Playground, Fishing, and tons trails by the huge river. All of which are kept up in great condition including the restrooms. This is a 5 star spot for families who don’t mind a social setting. If you wanting a very quiet or secluded experience this may not be the place for you.

Great campground

We stayed here overnight on the way to Fl and wished we could have stayed here longer. The campground is very clean and has a great pool area. The pool area has a kids pool and hot tub along with the regular inground pool. There are not many trees in the campground for shade but if you have an awning it shouldn't make to much of a difference.