The best TENT SITES camping near
Routons Crossroads , GEORGIA

Most Recent Routons Crossroads Camping Reviews
This is a KOA Journey and a good stop

The RV sites are nice with limestone pads. I was able to park my 45 ft. Motorhome and Jeep toad without unhooking. Full hookup are adequate with nice bath houses. Wifi was about 40% until the park filled up then nothing. Cable tv reception screen quality was poor. Without cement pads, poor cable and wifi, I could not give a higher rating. If you don’t need cable or wifi, this is a great park.

Great park

We came to stay at river campsite. It is clean, spacious, and quite. The lake campsite can only accommodate small campers.

Great service

Pulled in for an overnight on a road trip. Got in around 7:00 and was offered food from a little hot kitchen on site which was a great convenience after being in the road. Escorted to site by an attendant, ensured that we had everything we needed, shortly after they left they returned with a few warm cookies as a thank you for staying. Campsite trash service and other conveniences that made for a great short experience. Will be back.

Nice hiking areas, clean sites and close to Atlanta.

Great State Park only 1.5 hours from Atlanta. We stayed in site 502 which was a good pull through spot. We noticed that most of the sites are not super private- it would be great if there were some low shrubbery in between sites (lots of very nice mature trees but not much down low to provide privacy). All areas were well taken care of and very clean (including the restrooms).  We really appreciated that each camping area Host had firewood to sell! Try and figure out where your campsite is PRIOR to going to the Park as there are two entrances and one entry is closer to campsites 1, 2, 3 and another entry is closer to campsites 4, 5, 6. The hiking trails were very nice.  We saw a good variety of birds including the very large Pileated Woodpecker. A group of white tailed deer also came very close to our campsite- one of the photos shows how nicely they blend into the woods!

Good Overnight Stop

This was a good overnight site.  Typical KOA pull through where you are close to your neighbor.  They have a small dog park which is a bonus.  Staff was friendly and helpful.

Community Effort

Unfortunately the weather wasn’t the best when we stayed here. I want to go back in the summer and hike the long trail. When we arrived there was obviously an event going on. The small town along the front of Indian Springs State Park seems to be very in tune with the park. There is an event center, excellent restaurant and small gas/grocery right by the entrance. The campground was full even though it was February, which once again speaks to the community and residents. Not the most private sites but they are roomy. I was way to close to the playground. Screaming children are annoying… I’m not referring to yelling and cavorting. These were squalling, screeching hellions with no regard to others around them. One even made a rush at my dogs as I was walking by :( Not much view but you are above some water. No trail near the campground unfortunately. I did not use the showerhouse, it was conveniently located, but was the only one so I’m sure it gets busy.

We enjoyed the nature trail but skipped the longer more difficult trail due to incoming weather. Saw some deer, not much else. Not a well marked trail but we figured it out. I saw people headed to the spring with empty containers and the falls or cascades, were very beautiful.

Beautiful falls and great recreation area.

We stayed in the back loop of the campground site #83. It was nice as there were only 3 other sites occupied on the loop. It faced the woods and we could hear an owl off in the distance and saw several different species of birds and tons of squirrels. The campground really makes you feel like you’re in the forest along some areas are not private at all. Nice campground and the bathrooms were clean. The staff came by to verify our reservations even before I could get set up as I hadn’t placed my tag on the site post. They also came by and removed our tag before we had even packed up the following morning which I felt was kinda extra. We did the falls trail and it was beautiful. Part of the trail is along the river and the rest is further in the forest. Lots of cool rocks to hike over. The trail was marked but somewhat unclear at times as you could go both ways. Definitely a great place to check out. There’s an old power plant building and plenty of day use areas and fishing.

Hiker’s paradise

We stayed in a pull thru site #109 on the lake. It was a nice site but everyone was kinda close and there wasn’t much privacy at all. Plus side it had 30 and 50 amp hookup along with electric and sewage. The park was well kept and the park ranger was super nice as we locked ourselves out on our first night before we even set up. He came by made sure we were good and had warm clothes/water while we waited on the locksmith. As far as hiking goes there are so many trails along Pine Mountain. We did the Cascade Falls which was 2.9 one way. The trail was well marked and had some ridge hiking along with several creeks and of course the falls which were well worth it. There was a gas station with a country store that had everything you would need for last minute camping supplies etc. Definitely plan to come back when the trees are full again as everything was somewhat bare due to it being winter months.

Gone twice now. First time was used tents. Mid summer. Very busy, we got the last spot of the night. Clean bathrooms. Big sites. This weekend. January 23 and, 24th. First time in our new travel trailer. Big site. Plenty of room for the kids to run and play. Friendly staff and visiters. Will be going back….

Traveling through

Very sincere owners, helpful and assisted in parking. No property lights, hard to be able to keep dogs clean at this early stage. No internet available. Private and good for over night stay. Enjoyed Meant to say also they are very new some grounds are new and not grassy yet but this will be a great place to visit in a year. We will be back.