About Tomoka State Park
Tomoka State Park is located in Florida
18 Reviews of Tomoka State Park
A surprising gem!

We had to change reservations quickly and found Tomoka State park was available last minute. Based on where it is, I was expecting it to be buggy and crowded- but it was actually quite lovely! It’s close to Ormond Beach (10 minute drive away (and free public parking to the beach). We had site 32 for a night in middle of March 2020. It was close to the bathrooms and wasn’t very private (but many of the other sites at Tomoka are). Our site was sandy and shady, but the wildlife if you were eating were quite bold and tried to get what you had (not cool- don’t feed them!). Only issue we had was the picnic table was an older model… very short… we are tall people and it was awkward to sit at (like a kids table).

We’d definitely return- the proximity to the beaches and the cleanliness of the park were real bonuses!

Really great State Park

When we got to our site there was a large camper already there. They were off by one number and mistakenly took ours. We decided to take their spot and if necessary move to our assigned spot later in the week. Both sites were well shaded, site 33- their site, had a bit of a slope. Site 34-our site was very level. Lots to do and no bugs at this time of year.

My favorite

This is my favorite Florida State Park so far. Sites are small. Some are very shallow. There is plenty of greenery between sites. Camp road and sites may be difficult to maneuver into. Sites are dirt and have table, fire ring, and lantern post. Tomoka Outpost is a very cool store. They sell local items, souvenirs, have their own special beer brewed for them, bait, and regular camping items. The area around the Outpost is awesome. There are places to sit and enjoy a beer and snack and enjoy the view. The park has only 1 mile hiking trail but there plenty of places to walk around. I cannot say enough good things about this park. I was so surprised. Park is located off 1-95 and 10-15 minutes to plenty of stores and restaurants. There are many areas to fish and kayak in park. I launched my kayak from campground and paddled around quite a bit. It was an easy paddle. Saw lots of birds and an otter. There is a lot of history surrounding the park.

Sandy Oasis

This park has many different options for a camper. There aren’t many hiking trails but kayaking and biking are the top things to do. There is an amazing outpost store that sells beer on tap. The campground it quiet, but watch out for ticks!

Small but fun

The park is smaller than I expected, but I enjoyed it. We kayaked, hiked, and biked. The campsite was private, but some sites are smaller than others. The bathroom was a bit of a walk, but had a washer and dyer. The bathroom was clean and well kept with a sink for dishes.

The park store is privately owned and very cool. The atmosphere is fun and relaxed. They have all your camping needs and even have a delicious Tomoka IPA beer. The only downside was they close at 6pm.

The large statue is very interestingness the history is fun to learn.

If you don’t want to hike, you can drive everywhere on the park.

Great for families

This is top of my list for going camping with a bigger group.

Awesome!

Sites were plenty big enough. Bathrooms were clean. Park had places to ride bikes. Had a nice camp store that had just about anything you could need on a camping trip. For sure will go back!

Great!

Campground was beautiful and clean. The trees between the spaces were good buffers so you weren’t looking right into your neighbors campers.

LOVE Tomoka!

We love this camp ground and have been here many times. So much to do and in such a cool area. You can rent kayaks and canoes and they have an awesome camp store that sells local craft beers on tap! Sites are big and shaded with lots of privacy.

Another great camping spot!