Water Unknown
Contact
Gentile's Campsites is located in Connecticut
2 Reviews of Gentile's Campsites
Owners Kids are ruining this Beautiful Campground

I stayed here for 1 season and loved it at first. The owners Ray and Irene were the sweetest most helpful couple. You could tell they took pride in the property they have owned for more than 50 years.  When we first got there  we were planning on coming back every year but then we met their sons and grandson and had never been more disappointed. They were taking over the property and ruining the entire experience. They were rude, disrespectful, and arrogant. The rules were constantly changing  but no one could provide anything in writing .  The rates went up  but the service and ammenities went down . We came to a place like this to get away from people like that. It's very unfortunate that customer service just isn't a priority anymore. I would recommend going to Riverdale, Wolf's Den or even Chatfield Hollow where they have no amenities but the experience will be great.

If you have to ..

People live here mainly .. old Christian campground with old rusted amusement park rides .. there is quarter showers and bathrooms which are pretty unkempt, I preferred the woods. Owners are not child friendly or friendly at all on some days. There are some video games and a nice swimming pool. Wood for sale. Local stores are within 10 minutes .. hikes nearby, you have Leather man, Tory's, Whitestone cliffs, Buttermilk, Black Rock and plenty more. But really I would not recommend this one.