Water Unknown
About Chambers Lake Campground
National Forest
Chambers Lake Campground is located in Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests and Pawnee National Grassland in Colorado
4 Reviews of Chambers Lake Campground
Excellent car camping

We had a group of 14 people camp in the dispersed camping area off of Hohnholz Lakes Rd overlooking the lake. Really great spot, plenty of fire rings, tent spots, and some nice log benches. I would recommend bringing your own firewood for the dispersed area, unless you have an axe or chainsaw. They also sell firewood at the regular camp grounds.

The lake make for some good swimming during the day, there's a nice beach spot on the Northeast side of the lake, just drive a little farther down Hohnholz.

Note that no one in our group had cell phone service for most of the drive up the Poudre Canyon, as well as at the camp sites.

Secluded and beautiful

Great campsite that actually had some semblance of privacy. We were tucked into the trees far from other sites with a partial view of the lake. Quiet with a little bit of water noise, which was perfect for sleeping. There were a few fire pits, one of which was huge, scattered around our site so we had some choices. A little weird to park and a few hundred feet to our campsite, but we enjoyed being further into the woods and closer to the lake views. Will definitely be back.

Fall camping by the lake

This is a beautiful campground located along hwy 14 near Fort Collins. I brought my family here for some car camping last fall and was not disappointed by the campground itself, and the nearby dispersed camping along Hohnholz Lakes Road. We checked out the campground and were impressed by it’s cleanliness, well-appointed campsites and general amenities. This is especially nice to see in campground that has such a limited opening season, as we somewhat expected it to be somewhat neglected as we were visiting at a time so close to when they close for the season.

Although the campground was nice, we actually opted to camp alone the Hohnholz Lakes Road just outside of the campground, which offers beautiful dispersed camp sites above the lake. We did this because we had 2 large dogs with us and figured having more space would be appreciated by the other campers and the dogs! The sites up here were even more scenic than within the boundaries of the campground, but still offered plenty of well cleared areas to set up tents, ample parking, and well-made stone fire pits.

I would highly recommend both the campground itself and the surrounding dispersed sites when the road conditions allow (summer and early fall).

Phenomenal views, nice camping, great camping hosts!

This trip was my favorite of 2015. We stayed at an RV camping spot and brought our VW Westfalia. The camp hosts were SUPER nice and came over to greet us, and they even came to our campfire to hang out later! Extremely nice people. My husband and I did plenty of paddle boarding and fishing. I caught a bunch of trout - which we cooked and ate on one of the nights. The spots had plenty of room and privacy, and the water access from our spot was awesome. I highly suggest this place - it's super high up! So be careful with physical activities and alcohol.