About Aspen Glen
National Forest
Aspen Glen is located in Colorado
5 Reviews of Aspen Glen
Wonderful Spot

Stayed last night in site 7. Great for a tent, unfortunately it got a bit colder than I was prepared for! I’d have stayed longer otherwise. Right on the river, clean bathrooms, water, friendly host! The only drawback is the occasional semi using his muffler brakes coming down off Cameron Pass.

Beautiful view. Right on the river

This campground has great sites right on the Poudre river as well as some quiet, peaceful sites just a few yards from the river, in the surrounding Aspen trees. Sites were well kept and in a really beautiful area.

Easy access and spacious. Close to the river as well.

We pulled in there July 2 and stayed the night, loved it. The river can be heard from 100' away, but just puts you right to sleep.

We have a 22' travel trailer. Fit into Site #7 backing in and parking the truck on the side. We saw someone with a larger TT about 30' pull in, look around, then left. So larger rigs may not fit here. I didn't really check the west side much for space as these were already occupied. Everyone there, 90% full by late afternoon, were tent campers. I'd say tenters, vans, cars, truck campers had to love this. Good distance between sites. Once it got dark, traffic virtually stopped on the highway. I wasn't woken once all night. VERY quiet. Fire pit with a grill. I packed in my own wood, didn't see any for sale. Will go back for sure.

$17/nite. $8.50 with a senior pass. There may have been a water spigot, but I didn't see one. I'd have rated this 5 stars had it not been that pricey for just a spot to stay with no real amenities.

Wonderful Campground

This campground was much smaller than several of the other campgrounds inside RMNP. It was also much more shaded then some of the others we visited. Bathrooms were clean. Large sight with large table and nice flat tent pad. They sell firewood, ice and a few other things for two hours at the entrance of the campground. We saw 2 turkey and 2 deer in our camp sight and we missed a moose by 2 hours the ranger said.

Gorgeous camping by the river!

We camped here on a Sunday night on our way back to Fort Collins after a multi-day backpacking trip. We were one of only two groups of campers at the campground. Not only is this campground incredibly beautiful, but it is very clean and well appointed. The sites have plenty of parking space for a car or two each, fire pits with grates to cook on, wooden picnic tables and flat gravel tent sites as well. The restrooms are very clean at this campground and there is a cool old water pump on the north end of the campground. As the name suggests, the campground is sorrounded by Aspen trees which provide amazing fall foliage scenery. There are multiple sites right by the rivers edge, which was quite nice to listen to at night. There are plenty of hiking, fishing, backpacking, and outdoor opportunities galore nearby! We were even lucky enough to spot a group of mountain goats from our campspot in the early evening.