The best RV SITES camping near
Stonyford , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Stonyford Camping Reviews
Full-Time RV Park in a Country setting

This is an a great small park for full-timers and construction workers. It sets on the Butte County Fairgrounds in a quite corner. Several RVer's have lived here for several years.

Come give us a try.

199 E Hazel St

Gridley, CA 95948

530-846-3626

Over nighter at the Olive Pit

Not much to say similar to rest stop. Spent evening in their parking lot that does say no parking unless your a customer. I went in and purchase couple jars of olives to take to Slab City with me as trading stock now I’m a customer (happy face). No one messed with me and it was decently quiet. Only two other rvs. Super small dog potty area too but it’s their yay.

Almond Tree Oasis

This was the 1st and last RV stop for us on our maiden voyage in our new 40 ft Allegro Bus. This place is very clean and quiet.  Perfect for pull-through. The spaces are perfect size and flat (even ground), which is imperative for the type of RV that we have.   Also, check in on line was super easy.  We will definitely stay here again! We stayed one day going in Dec and one day coming back in Jan. in the same spot.  Perfect!

Guy and his dog at a Pit Stop?

Spent the evening in the RV/Truck area after stocking up on some Olive stuffed garlic and artichokes. Mmmm. Was quiet besides the obvious freeway intersection area near by but NOT complaining. Easy boon-docking. Small pet area. Well lit if you park under a light. Safeway,Burger King, Taco Bell, Auto parts store lots more in little area around The Olive Pit. Basically park and walk to get shopping done. Boom. Hope this helps a little.

DECEMBER 5TH CAMPING

Was cold, but we had the gear and a lil firepit to keep warm. Aweso.e spot on the creek

Made Myself at Home

I came to Colusa for work and only needed to stay for a couple of days, but I found the campground a comfortable spot to settle in for the week and catch up on some writing. I enjoyed biking the path along the river and fishing in the evenings. There are stray cats around town and the park. I lured one in with some treats.

Unique camping experience

The camping area is first come first serve.  Very peaceful.  There are platforms that are right on the creek where you can pitch your tent.  We have an 8×8 tent and it was a little tight, so if your tent is bigger than that, you might want to call to get exact dimensions.  Otherwise, there is a large open field for camping too.

Lots of shade and decent space between platforms. Close to the parking area, though the creek is between the parking and the camping platforms, so you can't drive directly up to your site.  Very clean showers and restrooms nearby.  No picnic tables at the individual sites.

One downfall (though very understandable) is not being able to have campfires or camp stoves, even in the winter.  You cant really cook any food, BUT the cafe onsite had very tasty food if you want a hot meal or coffee.

The camping fee includes use of the hot springs too, which are amazing.  Clothing optional, and I would say not that many people had clothes.  The trail to the hot springs is right by the camping area, and a nice little hike.

Not so happy—-

Once again I am finding those forest pictures posted are NOT of this RV park. Lot of long term residents at this park. Could find little help. Had no choice as needed to crash somewhere. No one really to help us. Never again. Got in, slept, got out. Failed to take any actual pictures.

Crowded, lots of services closed due to COVID

River near by, nice swimming hole in October if you were willing to walk over a lot of rocks. Not sure what the river would be like in spring. Nice play ground for kids. Some sites super crowded others have a little more room. Take your time finding the right spot for you. Staff okay. Little pricey and snobby.

Strict rules but clean facilities

If you need a place to stop and sleep and nothing else, this is your place! Clean bathrooms in the remodeled facility,easy pull through spots fitting both big rvs and little vans like mine. Hot and windy, but very quiet little park and didn't hear highway at all.