The best TENT SITES camping near
Stonyford , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Stonyford Camping Reviews
Nice Out Of The Way Spot

01-17-2021 road in was muddy, but a capable 4x4 can handle it easily. Sites are dispersed, vault toilet, no trash. Trickling creek with frogs in the evening. It was windy over night and the road back out was blocked by a tree. There is another way out, but it's a Jeep trail and definitely requires 4lo. Our '03 4runner handled it fairly eaaily.

Almond Tree Oasis

This was the 1st and last RV stop for us on our maiden voyage in our new 40 ft Allegro Bus. This place is very clean and quiet.  Perfect for pull-through. The spaces are perfect size and flat (even ground), which is imperative for the type of RV that we have.   Also, check in on line was super easy.  We will definitely stay here again! We stayed one day going in Dec and one day coming back in Jan. in the same spot.  Perfect!

Nice Oaky Campsite

Was 0.75 miles away from water (we have been in a drought?) but beautiful spacious campsite. Even with annoying neighbors, you can have peace and quiet. Fun, almost hidden area that I didn’t know existed before this trip.

Enjoyable

While we enjoyed our time at Kyen, I wouldn’t say that we are pointed at visiting again. This might be due to the fact that we stayed in many other incredible sites on our Ca visit

DECEMBER 5TH CAMPING

Was cold, but we had the gear and a lil firepit to keep warm. Aweso.e spot on the creek

Camping and some hiking

I was here mid November. I car camped in an area just above the campground. A good bit of utv traffic A party traffic There is a short hike to the top of the mountain from the campground Decent Verizon signal

Lots Of Trees

Great campground. Nice location. Only complaint would be generators running most of the day from all the RV’s. Other then that it’s a great family friendly site

Smoked Out

I stayed at Cole Creek for a couple days while working in Lakeport at the end of August. There were only a few other campers, including some friendly fire evacuees at the site across from me. I had planned to stay longer but the smoke blew in and I had to leave early. Otherwise, nice little campground.

Made Myself at Home

I came to Colusa for work and only needed to stay for a couple of days, but I found the campground a comfortable spot to settle in for the week and catch up on some writing. I enjoyed biking the path along the river and fishing in the evenings. There are stray cats around town and the park. I lured one in with some treats.

Great for last minute reservation

I've been to this campground twice now, and had very different experiences.

The first time was memorial day in 2019, and we had a great spot right on the water.  We took our canoe and were able to launch from our site.  So ideal.  It was relatively quiet, and nobody immediately near us.  Amazing sunsets.

The second time we went was June 2020.  This time we stayed on the other side of the lake.  The water was super low, so our view was completely dried up.  Also, it was pretty noisy with sites cramming several tents onto their sites.

Either way, on both occasions we the site relatively last minute, maybe a week or two in advance.  Any Californian will know it isnt always easy to book last minute campsites, so I appreciate that!  There are 100+ campsites there, so it seems like always something available.  Plus, not too far from the bay area.