The best YURTS camping near
Leduc Acres , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Leduc Acres Camping Reviews
Winter Fishing Trip

We stayed the weekend at a great site. It was cold with a little rain but was very fun. I really enjoy this campground. Water level was low and this time of year the water spickets are off. This site is right next to one of the vault toilets and a trash dumpster. Not many people stay this time of year and the gates are closed just past the marina so the usual trail access is extended.

Beautiful setting, Terrible customer service

If I had the option to do a negative star I would! Planned a rafting trip over the weekend for my children and I We arrived late Friday and were unable to upgrade to a cabin as they were all closed, not booked just closed. We set our tents up in the rain and made the best of it. Then late that evening I got a call that my father had been rushed to the hospital so I choose to stay the night and leave first thing in the morning. I went in as the office opened Saturday morning and told them about the situation and asked if I could simply reschedule the$450 rafting trip I had scheduled for the kids and I. Was told no one is in the office and had to go through the reservation desk on Monday. So we packed up and rushed to the two hour drive home to see my father. Just received a call from Melinda Jones the lead reservationist and was told that they were unwilling to reschedule the rafting trip and I would loose the$450 I spent despite the need for having to leave unexpectedly to see my father in the hospital. What kind of family friendly business is this? Asked to speak to the manager was told this is as far as it goes, asked who made the decision to not let me reschedule and refused to release a name. The spot was beautiful but the customer service is atrocious. I would never recommend this place to anyone because of how poorly they handled an already very difficult situation.

Hidden Gem

Snowflower sits just off I-80, it’s owned by Thousand Trails. With the popularity of RV camping, this campground can get busy in the summer months. It is closed in the winter due to snow. There is a small lake that is good for kayaking and paddle boarding. There are sites with partial hookups (electric and water). Lake Tahoe is just 30 minutes west.

Awesome lake and a ton of deer

We had such a fun time at this campground. Our site was in Section A on a dry creek bed. Dry in August at least. Each day a family of deer came thru our site and were so tame they ate fruit right out of the kids' hands. So cool! It was over 100 degrees the wknd we were there so we spent practically the whole wknd in the lake. It was the perfect temperature to sit in for hours. No motorized water craft kept it quiet. I really wish I'd brought my canoe. We went during COVID so the pool and some other amenities were closed.

Gorgeous setting, but...

This review is for tent camping, not RVs.

1) Nearly all of the tent sites are tiny and crowded very closely together with no privacy breaks at all between them. To make it even more claustrophobic, many of the near-river sites are terraced into the hillside so you stand at the bottom and look up into a wall of tents stacked 3 high on top of each other. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and most of the sites were full so the effect was like looking up into a packed stadium from the bottom row of bleacher seats. That first night was like a giant tailgate frat party. Multiple groups were blasting music & even though that’s against the rules nobody seemed to make them stop. Thank goodness we were able to move a few sites away, and then everybody cleared out the next day. The best site is #31. If you’re going on a weekend or any time during the summer, don’t make any reservation at all if you can’t get #31. I’m not putting that in my google review btw, that’s only for folks on Dyrt.

2) The facilities have a lot of maintenance issues that just aren’t being taken care of. For example: there are two bathroom buildings, an old one built out of rail cars (?) near the river and a newer-construction one uphill by the RV sites. Both bathrooms have multiple sinks and toilets that are out of order. In the downhill ladies room there was a toilet that ran water constantly and another that wouldn’t flush at all. I actually took that 2nd one apart and fixed it myself. That same ladies’ room had a sink removed completely from the wall leaving hanging pipes sticking out, a 2nd sink that wouldn’t turn on, a 3rd sink with wobbly handles, and a 4th sink that was fully functional. Next to that restroom on one side was what was supposed to be a shower facility but it was completely out of order and locked. On the other side of the restroom there was what was supposed to be a dishwashing station but it was disconnected with pipes dangling and dirt & leaves filling the sink. Why install nice things and then let them fall apart? I don’t understand.

3) They do seem to keep the toilets stocked with soap and TP and paper towels, and there are lots of garbage cans that do get emptied when needed. However, sometimes campers are naughty and leave behind trash outside the bins. This ranges from micro-trash (bottle caps, wrapper ends) to big pieces (foil pans, beer bottles). We stayed there for 2 days after the giant party moved on, but we never saw camp staff coming around to deal with the loose litter. We were pulling wads of fishing line out of the rocks and throwing away other people’s bottles. Blech.

4) There is an on-site rafting company. We took a full-day rafting trip that launched right from the campground & we had a great time.

5) There is a little general store that sells ice, firewood, souvenirs, Tshirts, etc.

6) It is a gated facility so hopefully secure?

Trouble Maker

Campground was clean and well taken care of. It is right in the American River and next to a class 3 rapid called Trouble Maker. It was awesome watching rafters and kayakers go through it.

Very nice location on the river. Will return

This park is located very close to Sutter’s Mill where good was discovered. It also has a white water rafting business on site.

The terrain is steep with mostly smaller sites. Water pressure is excellent. Our site had 30 amp only and I doubt any of them have 50 amp. The power is not good. I had to bypass the surge suppressor because it kept cutting out due to low voltage. Voltage was generally 104-105.

There are very nice tent and yurt sites along the river.

They have a nice shower and there’s decent AT&T service.

I would be very cautious about coming here with a larger RV. Ours is 30’ bumper to bumper. I think 32 would be ok.

Be aware that Garmin nav might take you the wrong way. Apple Maps had it correct though.

What a great spot in Sunnyside/Tahoe City.

What a great spot in Sunnyside/Tahoe City. This is the cleanest campground we’ve ever stayed in. When we arrived the camp hosts were very welcoming and informative with local suggestions (we’re up here at least 8-10 times a year if only on a day drip or long and I learned some insights) they also warned about momma bear and her cubs. Unfortunately we never caught a glimpse but a good warning to be careful with where you leave food. The bathrooms were cleaned several times a day and even had soap. Our site was freshly raked and the fire pit was freshly cleaned out as well. The campers were respectful and not a party crowd like you can get on the South Shore. We will definitely be back.

Clean and well maintained campgrounds

Hilltop sites are better for smaller campers. I have an 18’ trailer and sites 126-128 are really nice. They are set into the mountains with trees behind you. The park rangers are very present to keep people in check and the camp host drives by multiple times to keep the bathrooms clean. Jenkinson late is beautiful to kayak or paddleboard on and you can also rent for $20/hr + $10/hr after that. This is a nice campground to stay in and paddling around the lake is wonderful. Plenty of space for social distancing. Also has nice trails to hike to a small waterfall. 9

Nice Spot Close to Lake

We just got back from a short 2 night trip to William Kent. It was a lovely little spot. The sites are definitely close together and the pads are tight. We have a 25 ft travel trailer and with my husbands truck it was definitely a tight squeeze. Plus our pad was really not very flat so leveling the trailer was tough. But beyond that, we had a great site. Someone else made the reservations but I think we really lucked out. Yes, we were on the back end, so as far from the lake as you could be, and yes there are cabins that butt up to some of the sites. But we rode our bikes and/or walked to the lake still, and we barely even saw any people in the cabins. Now there were other sites that were much closer to houses than that and I'm not sure I could've handled those but our site was great. The site itself was huge and really nice for my large family. There is a breakfast place right next to the campground so if you want more glamping you can swing over there in the morning. We also didnt care for the William Kent beach area cause there are no dogs allowed, so instead we drove down a few miles to a dog beach that was really nice. I dont know the name but it's to the right out of the campground, a few miles down and you will run into it. All in all, if you want dispersed camping, this isnt the place for you. But if you want a nice place to set up shop and be super close to tahoe and other amenities, this is a great spot. We had site 30.