Pets Unknown
About Camp Richardson

A year round destination resort, Camp Richardson Resort and Marina offers everything wonderful about outdoor recreation in Lake Tahoe in the spring, summer, winter and fall. Warm seasons provide hiking, biking, beach-going, waterplay, boat rentals, fishing, and more. Snowy seasons offer cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowplay and nearby ice-skating and sledding. The campground is just a short walk from Lake Tahoe with over 200 tent sites in two locations nestled in the shelter of towering pine trees. Badger's Den Campground, located on the lake side of Highway 89; and Eagle's Nest, across the street from Badger's Den Campground, offer two tent campground options for the summer visitor. Enjoy Camp Richardson's full amenities while camping including a full-service marina with boat rentals, lakeside restaurant, general store, mountain sports center, and ice-cream parlor are all within a short walk. Enjoy the exquisite nature that Lake Tahoe has to offer, just steps from the conveniences of a full resort. Please note: Campfires and portable charcoal grills are not allowed on the beach.

National Forest
Camp Richardson is located in California
Directions
Camp Richardson Historic Resort and Marina is located on the south shore of Lake Tahoe on Highway 89 (Emerald Bay Road). From Sacramento, take Highway 50 to South Lake Tahoe and proceed north past the intersection of Highway 50 and Highway 89 (the ""Y""). Look for Camp Richardson Hotel and Resort signage on the right hand side.
6 Reviews of Camp Richardson
Great Tahoe Getaway

Close to the lake with water, electric, and limited sewer hookups. Though right off the highway, traffic sounds aren’t too bad. Close to the cafe, ice cream, coffee, and bike shop, but can’t forget the 10 minute walk to the Beacon! Great getaway if you enjoy Tahoe!

Close to lake. Easy amenities

Book early but if you are looking for a Tahoe campground n.v d this is it. Close to stores if you forget stuff. This is more of a sleeping in the woods than hotel camping.

It was nice, but...

I love how close this campground was to Lake Tahoe. However, the campgrounds were very close to each other, more-so than other campgrounds I have visited in the past. The bathrooms were fine. The RV village in Camp Richardson Eagles Nest didnt have water spouts to clean dishes, nor bear boxes. Our neighbors told us of bear stories coming up to their camp the day before so I was not sure why bear boxes were not includes for each site. Is that a thing for RV villages?

Overall, good times, though.

Beautiful, crowded, fun

Top to bottom, it was a wonderful stay at Camp Richardson! My family stayed on the RV side and we biked to the beach each day. The kids loved the ice cream shop of course and we liked the little general store. The woman taking breakfast orders in the store Saturday morning (maybe in her 50s) was a bundle of sunshine. A huge genuine welcoming smile for each patron. Fun, dynamic personality.

The only suggestions I would make surround camping check-in. The line at 2pm was horrible! I got there at 2:01 and there were already 20 people in front of me. The process is painfully slow. People were getting out of their vehicles and standing in the line on the right essentially cutting the cars in front of them. I was in the walk up side on the left of the check in booth and there was a woman checking into a group site at the front of the line. It took 14 minutes for the paperwork to be completed! It put a damper on our trip from the beginning and I wasted the first 20-30 minutes standing in a line when I should have been enjoying a rum runner at the beacon. We have stayed in RV resorts all over the country and I’ve never had this experience. It would affect my decision to return. Why not have people pay in full before arrival, have all paperwork completed online, receive an email with your site number ahead of time and at 2pm, we could have driven straight to our site, displayed our printed tag on our windshield and gotten straight to enjoying the resort.

Family friendly, very resort-ish

This is good for tent or rv camping. Close to the beach in south shore tahoe. South shore is very touristy, this place in particular is a ways off from the casinos and night life so that's nice. But with such a big campground, you're constantly surrounded by a lot of people. There are some sweet bike trails. There is an ice cream and coffee shop. If you want to fancy camp this is a good spot for you. If you want to be in nature with less people, head up to north shore. (The beaches are nicer imo)

A pretty cool spot.