Pets Unknown
County
Centennial Camper Park is located in Alaska
14 Reviews of Centennial Camper Park
Clean, Quiet

I had a great time at this campground. It is close enough to many attractions to make it a good home base. There were a lot of bear activity signs though I didn't see any. You do have to be sure to pack all food stuff in a secure location.

Overpriced and Underwhelming

This campsite, while pretty, is very lack luster. Overgrown grass/weeds in each site make the mosquito problem (which as an AK resident I‘m familIar with how terrible they already are here, so proper maintenance is a necessity) almost unbearable to even be outside. The price to dry camp here, as there are no hook-ups, is $21 PER VEHICLE, per night . We always have to take 2 vehicles due to our kids and dogs so we ended up having to pay full camp site price just to park my car in a nearby space. They also charge $20 to use their dump station, which was insane since every other dry site we have camped at had dumping and water stations free of charge. There was nowhere for our kids to play, and because of the weeds/over grown grass/mosquitos, we ended up staying in the camper the entire time. I had high hopes for this area, but it was a major let down. I didn‘t even take pictures because we weren‘t outside long enough to do it. I would assume if your only goal while camping here was to fish, it would be great since they have very well maintained bridged walkways from the campground to the water, otherwise I would look elsewhere.

do not reccomend.

the grounds are nice but the amenities are not. lots of boat traffic so great if you’re there to fish. $21 a car. stayed two nights and the wife drove separate so because of that it cost $84 then they charge $20 to use the dump station?? nothing happening there for kids. website advertises electric hookups but there aren’t any. the sites are overgrown which goes hand in hand with already terrible mosquitos. 10 mins down the road you can stay on the beach at kasilof for free.

The city squatting campground

If you don’t mind the occasional drug deal, generators getting turned on at midnight, people who “live” there as much as possible, then this is for you. But I did not let my kids play at the playground alone—even with their older brother. I found a needle cap near the bathroom and beer cans littering the bushes nearby.

but….it is near downtown anchorage, has showers, and is relatively cheap. The sites are roomy, and plenty of trees and sun.

Centennial camping!!

Centennial camp ground in Anchorage Alaska was a FAB SURPRISE!! Hidden, secret, clean, and big tent spots!

Not what I thought

It would have been nice to have a tent only area away from other rv's and a little more space between camp sites.

Not a bad stay

Site was clean. Bathrooms were clean. Bears were spotted, but you can hear traffic all night. Not much of an "outdoorsy" experience.

It worked

The campsite worked for what we needed, which was a place to crash. It was kinda sketchy though. We showed up and there was a bunch of cops, a homeless guy was staying next to us, and there was a bear. Bathrooms were great though!

LOVE THE PLACE.

It was nice and quite and no loud music

Pretty good

Showed up a little late but there where plenty of available sites. Good if you need to crash, but very close to the highway and town.