About Pinhoti and Skyway Loop Intersection Campground
Max Vehicle Length Unknown
Pinhoti and Skyway Loop Intersection Campground is located in Alabama
2 Reviews of Pinhoti and Skyway Loop Intersection Campground
Review Update

I was back at this site again over the summer and got some updated photos and I wanted just to refresh my review. There was ample water for pumping while there this time and I wanted to share that this is by far one of the best sites in the area for large groups. If you are coming with a church or boy scout group you can't beat the space that this site provides. It is also at the intersection of multiple trails which makes it perfect for backpacking loops.

Big Group Site

This is one of the largest campsite areas along the entire Skyway Loop and is the most likely to have easy access to water in the winter months. There are around 4-5 different fire pits and plenty of flat space for at least 5 if not more tents. Make sure to check out my review of Cheaha Falls Campground where I discuss the entire loop and the best times of year to visit. I have been to this campground in both January and March and I would say it is better in the spring time and early summer if you dont mind the crowds and having a little more green cover blocking your views. There is a much higher likelihood of having flowing water that time of year and the temperatures are perfect for hiking. One of the other advantages is getting to see some of the amazing biodiversity we have in Alabama. You can find wild irises, flowering dogwood trees, tons of moss, and even some snakes along the way. And you can continue along from this campground along the ridge in 2 directions to see more of the amazing views. If you have the time I highly suggest making the slightly longer trek to McDill Point to get an open view of the whole area.

Year 2021 Flag