Camping in Lacon

198 Reviews of 26 Lacon, Alabama Campgrounds

Bruce F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Campground closed

Campground is shut down. Run down. Hasn’t been up kept for some reason. Guessing COVID. Did have boat ramp and a vault toilet for day use only. Looks to have been a nice place when it was opened.

D
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Great Place to stay

I couldn’t of asked for better. The staff is friendly and helpful. Always clean. The new management has done a lot to improve its campground. Lots to do with the kids.

• large sites
  • great indoor and out door pools
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Great Lake, some good spots in the campground

This campground looks so different since the tornadoes a few years ago took out a lot of the trees.  It is still a great campground, and they have planted lots of trees and really fixed it up.  We ended up in a tiny last minute site I think in B section which I would not recommend.  We have…

SiteB3
Month of VisitApril
ChaseNOurDreams The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Northgate Camp Ground

This is a nice off the interstate travel park. Full hook ups. Pull through sights plenty long enough for our 40+ ft. motorhome with tow vehicle. Pull in at night out in the morning. Simple and not fancy. But fits the bill when needing a place with electricity and dump and fill water!

Sitepull through
Emily C.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Friendly community

The community who stayed there were very friendly. They wanted to talk to us and offered us coffee even in the morning. However, the bathrooms were not very clean or well stocked. The one shower didn’t work properly and was only cold. The other was fine. It’s a bit pricy compared to other campsites…

Sitetent
K
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Small and cramped but worth it

View is absolutely breathtaking! All the sites were clean and the customer service of park staff was on point. Sites themself were a little cramped for my taste. Clean facilities.

Jaimie R.
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

It could be better .

Great pool area (free for campers)…but the park needs a little love.

Cassandra T.
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

My Staycation Spot

I'm a local and tent camping saves my sanity from a high preassured daily life. When I cant leave to camp I'll set up at a primitive site here for a week at a time. It's a simple space. No picnic tables at primitive sites. It's clean...beautiful....loads of hiking trails...and great food is a 10…

Site12B is a great site.
Helen K.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Clean and fun

It was a beautiful campground. The site we were on was not ideal. As soon as we stepped out the door we had to go up an incline to get to our picnic table. Our camper was pretty level and most of the other sites looked much better than ours, but that is what we get for booking late. The sites were…

SiteC45
R
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Kid friendly

We loved Sharon Johnson. Really good camp for littles and good spot for first time campers. Camp host was awesome. We will go back.

• just got done at the pool
  • ducks are really tame and let my daughter chase them
  • teach them young
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Perfect Weekend Getaway

We made a last minute decision to visit Monte Sano when a site became available for Memorial Day weekend. The campground is fantastic! The sites are shaded, well spaced, and easy to navigate. The park has tons of hiking options and even a disc golf course! We will definitely be back.

Jennifer M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Staff has went down hill

We have visited off and on for years. This was our second bad experience. The long term campers are rude to teenagers when adults aren’t present. Then we “incurred” fees. Management will not return a call and you can only leave messages. Very sad that new ownership has led to this.

Sitecabin
Month of VisitJanuary
Allie S.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Great older campground

Great older campground with lots of options. Cabin, RV, tent. Hiking galore. This old campground atop Mont Sano has something for everyone.

Sitecabin 11
Month of VisitOctober
cThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Camping with grands

I have stayed there 2 times with grands. Cell/Wifi is non existent. Some parents do not supervise their children. Host and manager are good and try to stay on top of things. They are very responsive

Siteacross from playground
aidan L.
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Very clean very organized

Absolutely loved this camp ground has everything you need to stay for as long as you like. Highly recommend.