About Madison Campground
National Park Service
Madison Campground is located in Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming
16 Reviews of Madison Campground
Pretty and good chance of wildlife!

Camped here for two nights, fishing access a short walk down the bank. Three bison lumbered through our camp shortly after dinner! It hailed on us in late May and rained pretty consistently but the campground was great! Friendly staff upfront.

Nice, Basic Campground in Yellowstone

Yellowstone is always crowded, so we reserved in advance. We enjoyed our stay here – saw lots of elk and bison. Our site was fairly small, but provided what we needed – a place for our car, our tent, and the hammock!

Great site in a great area but no showers

Great site with a great ampitheater and ranger program. Where are the showers? Why cant I pick my own site? Questions I have for Yellowstone

A good start...

This campground is located near the west entrance and is great for just getting into Yellowstone. Its not my favorite but at least you can reserve it and have a place to lay your head. I think because I enjoy the other campgrounds so much I have a hard time giving it a chance.

Decent campground

Madison is a nice campground.  Our tent site was kind of on an incline.  Only downside is its fairly busy, however I don’t think there is really anyway around this in Yellowstone.

Campground by the mountain

The staff at check in were friendly and helpful. The camp sites are pretty close together and can accommodate tents, small and large camper trailers. There are bathrooms, dish washing area, picnic table and shared bear boxes available for food storage. There is an amphitheater a short hike away from the camp site where a commentary is given by park rangers at 9pm every night. A small store is on site stocked with bear spray, blankets, food items and first aid supplies. This is one of the only camp sites in Yellowstone Park that can be reserved in advance.

Clean bathrooms

We camped here the beginning of August. It was crowded but the bathrooms were clean which was great for camping multiple nights.

No electrical. Small sites

No too much to say about this campground. No showers, no electrical. Small sites.

Spacious and solid wash room and bathrooms

Great campsite, if it only had showers! Great washroom for dishes and the ranger led program at night was great. Can hear the Madison pack of wolves at night too!

Old dependable

The title might detract a bit from how nice this campground is, but, I've always been saved by Madison when the park is busy and I need a camping spot. It is one of the largest campgrounds, and has one of the longest seasons. It is centrally located and offers some pretty hikes after you've returned to camp for dinner. There are often elk and buffalo a short drive away in the evenings.