The best TENT SITES camping near
Riverside , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Riverside Camping Reviews
Great place

Stayed for a night back in October and loved it. Originally planned on staying at one of the shenandoah campsites but nothing was available so in desperation I called this one the day before our trip. Pam was super sweet and helpful. She had no openings at that time but told me to call back first thing in the morning because she might have a cancelation. Sure enough she got us in. As we pulled into the property I was a little leary due to the check-in area where the family lives and the fact that the highway overpass goes across one end of the property, but once we pulled into our spot and got settled in it was fantastic. Located right on the bank of the creek you sleep with the sound of the babbling water. Spaces aren't very big but big enough that we didn't feel like we were on top of our neighbors. To sum it up, this is a great little place that is sort of a hidden gem. At first look you might keep driving but I assure you, you'll be missing something great.

Cozy campground along a creek flowing through the small town of Edinburg.

Restrooms were clean. We had water and 30A electricity. If you’re coming into town from I-81 don’t follow Google Maps to the left on Main St, but rather follow the signs to turn right– it makes for an easier access to the campground.

AT stop with showers

Backpacker campground with bathrooms and showers. Close to the South Mountain Inn, a hiker friendly restaurant. Big field.

Great spot on AT

Backpacking campground just off the AT. Moderate difficulty 2+ mile hike from Route 40. Spring and compost outhouse. Great views. Been camping there for decades.

Nice spot by the water

Small campground with a pit toilet right on the Potomac river picnic table and fire ring with a few nice trees throughout the camp area. Easy to get to and not far from the towns. I will say there is a road right by the camp is and there are consistent levels of cars into the evening. Still worth it! Pit toilet was not very clean and there are no trash cans so folks had taken to leaving their trash in the bathroom.

Nice little campground

No amenities other than a pit toilet and a gravel pad at each site. Not easy if you are pulling a trailer (I would not recommend that for any large trailers) but it was a nice place with awesome atv trails we’ll be going back

Nice place

This is a small facility that is well maintained. The staff is amazing. The showers are clean/hot and the playground is in very good condition.

If the campground had better wifi and cable it would get five stars.

Diverse friendly RV campers!

Nothing here no access from C&O canal

Nothing here no access from C&O canal. Unless someone’s lost in McKee Bieshoeeer, I doubt you’ll find anything. The marker shows site on or in canal. Most sites that are north of the path shown are not really there.

Mm 26.2 c&o

River view lots of room port pot, fire ring and grill. Picnic table water pump. Non pot water.

Great place to stay

Me and the wife had a great trip there in late October nice and quiet outdoor gun range was fun we stayed at site 17 it was very nice