Equestrian
About Salt Creek Recreation Area

Salt Creek Recreation Area County Park has national park aesthetics, with County Park amenities. The 196-acre Park includes upland forests, rocky bluffs, rocky tide pools, sand beach, Salt Creek access, campsites, and panoramic views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca, Crescent Bay, and Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Salt Creek is a regional park that draws visitors from all areas of the northwest and is another one of Clallam County's premier parks. Many colleges and schools from all over the United States visit the Park to study and observe the marine life.

The campground is open year round. There are 92 premium campsites, which include two camp host sites, located on a bluff above the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Approximately 73 of the 92 campsites have a view of the water.

County
No Alchohol
No Market
No WiFi
Salt Creek Recreation Area is located in Washington
27 Reviews of Salt Creek Recreation Area
Salt Creek Park

This small park is just outside the National Park so it’s a good option if you can’t get a spot at a campground there. The campsites aren’t very big or private but they have all the basic facilities you’d expect and pretty clean despite the traffic. Make a reservation in summer. There’s so much for all ages right at the park, kids loved the tide pools and the different kinds of beaches to explore, plus the historic WWII sites, good views.

Breathtaking beauty on Washington's north coast!

So hard to pack up and leave camp this morning. The sunshine, blue skies, view to Vancouver Island, rocky coastline, sandy beach, tidepools, rush of the waves, sightings of whales, dolphins, otters, bald eagles, raccoons, cruise ships and freighters are hard to leave behind! I take more pictures of this place than any other, as its beauty is diverse and peaceful. Woodsy private campsites, with some overlooking the rocky cliffs, and terraced grassy campsites with hookups, this campground attracts locals as well as international campers. Many campers roll in with kayaks and bikes. Sit and read your book with a view of take an adventure. This place has it all!

Best camp site EVER!

I was extremely impressed with this campground in particular my site! I stayed one night here in October and it was perfect- not crowded and I got the perfect site! My campsite was surrounded by ocean views and was within walking distance of the beach! Back when I was there (2012) it was $18/night for a tent and is TOTALLY worth it! I've talked with some of my other Washingtonian friends and they all agree that this is one of their favorite campgrounds as well. This beach is fun for all ages! There is a passage way through a rocky outcropping that you can crawl through to the other beach and plenty of tide pools to keep you busy exploring throughout the day.

Best camp site EVER!

FAVORITE CAR-CAMPING & GREATEST FOR CHILDREN

Open-air and under-cover campsites. Clean toilets, beautifully kept, children's play with swings, slide etc. Tide pools and scenic environment. A view of the Canadian boarder.

So fun!

this place was such a great place to go fishing and kayaking! there were little islands, caves and arches to explore, and it was all easily accessible from a kayak or canoe! Such a neat little adventure spot!

Large Campground with lots to do!

We love Salt Creek Rec area. It is run by the county so the reservation system is a little dated but is better then it used to be. But, the reservations fill quickly so you have to be on it if you want certain dates. There are a few spots that are first-com first-served. Located on the Olympic Penninsula, there are two parts to the campground. The first is full hook up sites that have a great view of the sound but absolutely, no privacy. The other half is in trees with more privacy but not as many sites have the good views. Also, these sites can be shut down due to high winds. Campground has flush toilets, showers, playground, hikes, and access to tide pools. Last time we were there we saw whales, otters, eagles, starfish, anemones, and other tide pool creatures. There are two hikes. One takes you to an old fort which is pretty cool. The other takes you to a look out area. WARNING: Stay on the main trail. There was a spur trail that took you to see the water and we stumbled across a hornets nest in the ground. It was awful. My husband and I each had over 8 stings. My youngest had 3. My dog had a handful. But somehow my other son manages to escape sting free. There is a town close by that has a laundry and small store. But generally, everything you need it right at camp.