Camping in Russell

173 Reviews of 95 Russell, Washington Campgrounds

Jim M.
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Great state park

Easy pay station at gate and dump station 32$ for 1 dump. Has a loop trail though the park in dense foliage and goes by the small river in the back of the park. Sites are very secluded from each other very private two group areas.

• entrance sign on north side of road
  • my camp site by the entrance more secluded ones in the back around the loop
  • looking south from the campground entrance towards the picnic area across the road
M
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Pretty but loud!

This is a really nice and maintained campground but the traffic noise from the interstate was awful. It was sometimes hard to carrying on a conversation because of the noise. I probably will not stay here again.

SiteB07
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Beautiful golf course quality!

We made reservations and have loved the staff! They are great and helpful. The whole park is beautiful and has a wonderful summer wind. Not far from stores and restaurants. Gas and diesel near by. Very quiet and very cozy. Grounds keepers make this place top notch visually and the pull through and…

Site70 and Sp3
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Private Sites, No Hook-Ups

I've stayed here twice on trips between Missoula and Portland and I love this little gem of a park, right off the highway. There's a little stream to sit or wade, the sites have tall trees and lots of privacy. The camp host was super helpful and suggested some places to check out that I would not…

• October 2020
  • View from Day Use area
Month of VisitNovember
Mary O.
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

No camping but very nice day park

This is a beautiful area on the Columbia River but the Campground has been closed for many years.

Siteno sites here, just park
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Beautiful Location

Quiet spot on a beautiful river. No hookups. Some of the sites had concrete pads, but I took a grassy spot. Walked down to the river where there's a short trail. Watched the osprey fish and saw some rafters float by. Was told to look out for rattle snakes, but didn't see any.

• Open campsites
  • Have a seat by the river
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Close to highway

I just needed a stop on my way to Wallowa Lake. This was on the way. Heard the big trucks going by all night. A safe and decent place to spend the night, I wouldn't want to do more than that.

SiteB07
Jace H.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Peaceful and Amazing

We showed up for the 4th of July weekend and Peaches the host was amazing. She helped us get an extra site because it was mostly all reservations as there were none left. The lake itself is super peaceful even when we went on the busiest weekend.

cThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Great for overnight

This campground was clean and neat and organized. We were just here for a one night's stay on our way to Idaho and it was perfect for that. Plugged in, clean indiv showers bathroom. Nice morning birdsong. Easy on off highway. Several long term residents you can tell by the delicious tomatoes…

Kristen S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Decent for a last minute overnight stay

Our tire shredded on our CRV and my husband was nervous to carry our heavy load on a dummy tire so we stopped here which was the closest town. We were the only tent as this is an RV park but had an okay grass patch. One tiny tree. You can tell that there are several long-term residents due to the…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2021

Like Staying in a Parking Lot

The good: Friendly staff and decent playground. Laundry facilities and showers. The bad: Sites are super close together = no privacy. Chain-link fence obstructing view. No pool. Appears that there are many full timers as well. Would not stay here again due to very small spaces.

J
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Many nice places to camp, lots of trash

I was disappointed when I was checking out this area for camping (June 27th) I didn't get any pictures, but there was trash everywhere. Every time we found a good spot, full of poopy toilet paper, litter, beer cans, cigarette butts ect. It was overall disappointing and we decided to go elsewhere…

Ted
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

A big mess

After being routed the long way around to this camp ground we went down into a kind of valley where there was a lot of trees cut down and left where they fell, not much mid day shade as we got there about noon. We stopped to look around and were attacked by big horse flys. We got back in the truck…

Sitedispersed camping away from misery springs
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Tucannon Excitement

Tucannon is a place I’ve been coming to since I was a kid. Absolutely love the area. Quiet and away from others.

Jennifer R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Great memories

Free during the off season but don't get stuck with a dead car battery. Can get really cold and no phone service and very few people pass by.

Sitenunya