About Kalaloch - Olympic National Park
National Park Service
Kalaloch - Olympic National Park is located in Washington
6 Reviews of Kalaloch - Olympic National Park
Across form the beach

I stayed in this campground mainly because I wanted to be near the beach, but also due to the easy of booking the site online. Traveling solo, booking in advance really helps. I was directly across the street(in the campground) from the beach. I could hear the sound of the waves all the time from my site. The campground was very clean, and spread out for the most part. The other sites were very visible from mine, but it wasn't a bother. The bathrooms, while there were no showers were very well kept, and maintained. The trails from the campground to hike around in were a little confusing, but still really nice once you got on the actual trail. The Kalaloch Lodge which was just down the road provided a much needed scenic breakfast to me on my last morning there.  I would most definitely stay here again should I return to the PNW.

Amazing

Great place to camp with kids. Even better if you are lucky enough to get one of the sites that butts up against the cliff that overlooks the ocean.

The most beautiful and relaxing place to be

Ocean views, quick stroll to the beach, clean campgrounds and bathrooms. Could it get any better? This was my top favorite campground I’ve been to and will definitely return!

Just okay

Be prepared for cold and fog. Bonus if you get some sunny days. Very difficult to get a walk-in on the weekends. Most sites are small. Not very private as they are somewhat close together. Sites are level. Lots of shade. Bathroom were old. Good Verizon service.

Great ocean views!

Big campsites, nice trails and beach sites!

Paradise on the coast

As the only reservable camping in Olympic NP, set your alarm in order to reserve because they go fast. Sites open for booking 6 months in advance. There are multiple loops, but our favorite is the beach loop with views of the Pacific over the bluff. We've seen bald eagles up close and the most amazing sunsets. It's great for kids with easy trails to the lodge or further to a small ranger station. Easy driving to Ruby Beach or a day trip in Hoa Rainforest. Plan for rain because it's on the coast, but don't be surprised by unexpected sunshine.