Camping in Sudley Square

127 Reviews of 10 Sudley Square, Virginia Campgrounds

Beth H.
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Big fun for the Kids!

We stayed in site 150 (premium pull through) which was closer to the amenities. This is a very walkable campground though. The bulk of the sites were fairly close in my opinion except for the ones in the very back (Mountain View I believe) As with any Jellystone, most of the sites were very…

• site 150
  • take the time to visit the Page theater!  Such a neat little place!
Sonyia W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Good home base for exploring DC

We stayed on the big loop on site 48. Unfortunately there wasn’t anything on ReserveAmerica specifying the water situation, so when we arrived we found that we didn’t have water hook up. I’m attaching a photo of the color map I got at checkout which specifies which sites have water.

Bath house…

J
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Perfect quick getaway

For tent camping I would suggests sites 30,33 or 35 these are tucked along the tree line. The bathroom facilities were the cleanest I have seen in a campground. Quiet time was observed and there are plenty of nice trails around for hiking and biking

Yvonne B.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Clean, nice, our go to campground

When we want to go somewhere and not think about where, we go to Pohick.

Stay on the electric loop for better bathrooms.

Some sites are big and beautiful (56!) and others you'll barely have room for your tent. Stick to the outer loops and you should be fine.

Gary G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Outstanding State Park!

With large, private sites this campground is perfect for camping!  We never heard from the neighbors and I don't believe our constant activity created a problem for them either.  The sites were made of crushed rock, very flat, and the RV sites included water, electricity, a picnic table, poles for…

• Plenty of wildlife including deer, rabbits, snakes, and a multitude of lizards.  Not too buggy at all!
  • The Shenandoah River from a great view point in the park.
  • There are a couple of awesome fields that are very busy in the early morning and at dusk.
SiteSite 11 in the RV section of the campground
N
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Great place

It’s a great place for family and kids right on the river great for fishing and vary easy to get to just get on the trail and walk you will see it what I loved the most is they had water and a bathroom definitely recommend going

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Good site for easy camping

My friends were first time campers, so I brought them here. It was perfect. Easily accessible bathrooms and showers, fire ring with a rack, and nice greenery. The plethora of activities made it simple to keep my friends entertained. You can rent kayaks, go mini golf, and there are a couple very…

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

This place is awesome!

I love this campground. It’s big, yet spread out, sites are really well kept and level (gravel). Many are shaded with trees, beautiful pool, laundry, showers, super kind store workers. Gated entry with live person working to greet you. Shuttle bus to take you to metro. We will be back!

James T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Yogi Bear

Awesome place for the kids swimming pool,Clubhouse for events, outside theatre, waterpark. You can rent cabins and golf carts

Sitesite 211 very level
singinajf@aol.com The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Nice place

Little Bennett has spacious RV and tent sites as well as cabins and yurts. It's very clean and well maintained. Lots of hiking within the park and many activities for kids. We were very impressed by their covid safety. Will be back!

• D58
  • D58 Continued
SiteD58
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Beautiful park

We stay here at least 6 trips a year. Nice layout, not all sites are level (half). Staff are always nice and go out of their way to help.

• right after fire ban
Jason F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

First time excellence

As a first timer, I wanted to show my girlfriend a good time for her birthday weekend. This park had everything you could want while maintaining a good distance from civilization, which was a smooth transition for me. The staff and campers were great and we even got to see the cub scouts doing a…

SiteLot 29
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Large, level and well spaced.

Some of the largest sites we’ve ever seen in a state park. I don’t believe there is a bad site in the park. We had rabbits grazing at our site too. Shenandoah NP is about a 10 mile drive away.

MickandKarla W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2021

Impressive Campground

Cherry Hill Park was easy to find and get to basically right off I-95. This was our first time RVing into the WA DC area and we were concerned about traffic getting to the campground(CG). As we arrived, traffic was heavy on I-95 but manageable. Cherry Hill’s and our RV GPS directions were spot on…

• Site 93 with patio, rot iron table and chairs, fire pit, and stand up bbq.
  • Site 93 utilities side.
  • Roof view from site 93 to site 97, which is one of the most spacious in the park if you are a decent backer.
Month of VisitApril
Mara S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2021

Too bad I had to leave

Loved it! I’d love to spend a week here some time. There is no bad site in this campground. Immaculate upkeep. Lots of walking and hiking trails. Verizon has no signal at all, but AT&T was fine. Clean bathrooms, large showers, dump station. Water and electric on site but no sewer connection.…