The best TENT SITES camping near
Clarendon Springs , VERMONT

Most Recent Clarendon Springs Camping Reviews
secluded spot on a great little pond

I have yet to stay here, but I have explored and walked the camp and ate lunch at the beach.

What I saw was nice, it is a rustic campground with NFS rangers checking in once in a while.  The sites are well dispersed and private.

I'm excited to camp here next season.

Nice Primitive spot in the Green Mountains

One of many locations along Forest rd 71, this spot was a good place to pitch a tent for the night while exploring the area even in the rain.

Great Campground

Very clean and well manicured Campground. Friendly. Helpful staff.

One of the best NY State campgrounds

The campground is located on the shores of Northern Lake George (Huage NY). It's worth noting that the campground is located about 30 miles North of the village of Lake George. You are a few miles from Ticonderoga NY (which has a super convenient Walmart). Before the pandemic, the campground let a local man come in and sell wood and ice. Not pricey but super convenient. When I camped Summer 2020, they did not allow the wood guy in. It was a bummer but wood is easily purchased along Lake Shore Drive. New in 2020- Verizon customers have strong cell service. I am T mobile and I did not.

The bathrooms are super clean and well maintained. Always stocked with Toliet Paper. Reservations are done online. Easy and convenient. Prime sites reserve quickly even on none Holiday weekends. It still feels less crowded then most campgrounds. There is a hiking trail which located in the campground. The view at the top is breathtaking. So worth the Hike and not supper hard. See pictures. The Lake itself is undoubtedly the clearest lake I ever seen. Simply beautiful! (Wish my pictures would upload). We return every year.

One of my favorite places on earth 🏕🏞

Family-friendly

There are a lot of amenities that come with staying here. There is a fire pits at every campsite along with a large community fire pit to socialize with and meet other campers. Its a great way to let the kids find someone to play with while being supervised. You can leave your car/RV at your site and take the trolley into town/to the lake to avoid parking in town. There is also a bike path you can take to town. The pool is heated by solar panels so it is refreshing without being cold. It is safe to let kids ride their bikes around the campground, go to the arcade, pool, or playground because nothing is too far away. It is a cozy campground.

small and friendly State Park with plenty of things to do

Drove in on a whim and were pleasantly surprised by how well the staff accommodated us. We managed to get a prime leanto site right on the river. We were only there for an overnight but we will be back. In the Spring the water is released behind Ball Dam, creating a white water adventure. The prime lean-to sites on the water are beautiful and spacious.

Great location, easy access to the Gorge.

We hit this campground for one over night as we past through. Good spot with easy access to the Gorge. Bathroom were clean and the grounds were quite at night.

Great Family Campground

This was our first visit to Silver Lake and I wished we had found it earlier.  The sites are spaced nicely and the bathhouses are convenient and clean.  The beach is great with a fun dock to jump off of.  It is a great lake for kayaking and paddleboarding.

You should camp here!

We stayed here for 2 nights in July. Everything was very clean. Our site felt secluded even though there were other people camping nearby.

Northern Forest Canoe Trail

This is only accessible by paddling the Missisquoi River. It is a very scenic spot and I have always found wood readily available. A small trail from the river leads to a bluff where there is a picnic table, fire ring and compsting toilet. There is plenty of room for several tents and hammock.