Fires Unknown
No Showers
No Water Hookups
Grantsville Reservoir is located in Utah
5 Reviews of Grantsville Reservoir
Not Much Shade and Exposed but you can Fish!

I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you have an RV.  With that being said it is a good spot to come fish for a day trip.  It offers beautiful views of the Oquirrh and Stansbury Mountains to the east and west respectively and the reservoir is stocked with trout almost 1 a month during the spring though fall.  The reservoir is also completely man made so you get the feeling that you're in a bowl within a bowl!

As for the campground itself there are the standard concrete fire rings, picnic tables, and vault toilets.  There are also a few gazebos around with the campsites radiating off of them like spokes of a tire.  Now the reason I said that I wouldn't camp here without an RV is because there are absolutely NO TREES anywhere!  So it can get super windy and uncomfortable in a tent if a storm blows through.

Not my favorite

It's not great. Smallish site, and it smelled bad while I was there! That may just be the lake's smell, though. I liked walking out onto the flats, but there were tons of dead birds in certain spots, and I'm not sure why. Overall, this campground was nothing special, and I probably won't be headed back.

Questival

We stayed here for Questival. It was a pretty good experience, there was a carcass right next to our tent but that was a little exciting. It added to the natural ambiance we were going for. 5 out of 5 would recommend.

Quick overnight camp

Had a short camp here during questival. Small campground, close together, trailer friendly. Reservoir is nice, campsite is a little messy.

Grantsville Reservoir... We must have missed something

PROS: Easy to get to… Room for RV's (set up like an RV park with clover leaf parking on pads) Bathrooms Picnic tables Close to reservoir

CONS: Right off the main road Very low water level Desolate (feels like high desert… Few trees/bushes… Desert landscape)