Camper submitted image from Uinta Flat Dispersed - 1

6 Reviews

About

USDA Forest Service

Dixie National Forest

Uinta Flat designated dispersed camping area is along forest road 064 just off of UT-14 near Duck Creek.

Fee Info

No fees - FREE

Reservation Info

First come first served

Suggest an Edit

The Dyrt Alerts

Get reservations at sold-out campgrounds.

• Drive-In
    Park next to your site
  • Walk-In
    Park in a lot, walk to your site.

Stay Connected

out of 5

6 Reviews

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2023

One Of Our Utah Favorites!

There are many different RV and tent sites that you can find dispersed throughout this area. We have never had a problem finding a site though sometimes you need to drive further back on the dirt road to the left. You can camp to the right or to the left of the signs and there is a road that goes pretty far back on the left-hand side. If you have a problem finding sites on the right. In our experience, the sites on the right have trees closer together and we prefer those Sites, the ones on the left-hand side are larger spaces with trees further apart so the side on the left can sometimes be impassible with spring runoff.  There are no services in the area and you must bring your own firewood. We have been when the fire restrictions have been in place and you cannot have a fire.  The nearest town, is about 10 minutes away, Duck Creek Village where you can find pizza, a hardware store/country store and a gas station among a few other small businesses some local area attractions we like to go to are the mammoth caves, Afton Mirror Lake, Strawberry point, and Swains Creek. We have been most months between May and September. In the spring and fall the nights can get quite cold, and in the middle of summer, it can get very hot during the day. There is cell service.

Shannon F.
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2021

Winter camping

We LOVED our spot. It was quiet and peaceful and just enough people around so you knew someone else was there if you needed help.

Month of VisitFebruary
Brody A.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Saw 2 Skinwalkers

On my life I pulled up to this spot around 9 pm and as soon as I got out of my car I just had a weird feeling I was being watched. There was 1 other person camping in this location at the time but they were approx. 1/4 a mile away from where I parked. As soon as I got out of the car, I looked over my left shoulder and saw two figures walking towards me. I quickly grabbed my head lamp and watched as these figures slowly but surely made their way across the open field towards my car. I thought it may have been the camper that I had passed but realized that the reaction time for that person to get out of their camper and to my location was way too quick. As I watched the figures that looked like shadows move towards. I yelled at them and said can I help you? As soon as I yelled the figures stopped mid stride and just stood there. They looked about 100 yards away at this point. I was then creeped out and just got back in my car and left the spot. Insane experience and I didn’t know what I saw until a week later when I described the incident to my friend. I’m serious. It was messed really up and now that I know what happened, I will never be going back.

Uinta Flat Dispersed is located in Utah

Detail location of campground

Directions

From Main Street in Cedar City torn east on UT-14 / E Center Street. Go 32.6 miles then turn left on Strawberry Point Road. Go 0.5 miles to the camping area.

Coordinates