About Watkins Glen / Corning KOA
Hike In
Watkins Glen / Corning KOA is located in New York
9 Reviews of Watkins Glen / Corning KOA
Don’t waste your money

The website shows pics of a really nice campground but on arrival you’ll find otherwise. We got lucky and got a good site with shade but most sites are tiny and wide open. The full hookups were good, there was a concrete pad and nice fire ring in our site. Otherwise the facility was very poorly maintained, it looked like 20 years ago it was nice but nothing has been done since. The place is truly a dump and for $115 a night I expected a nice place. Incredibly disappointed

Clean, plenty for the kids to do, quiet nice sites

Very clean campsites are very nice plenty of room had a 50 amp and 30 amp service box in a pull through site plenty of stuff for the kids to do nice pool and bounce pad will definitely go back

Finger Lakes-Wineries

This campground has everything you need for a safe fun camping experience. Nearby wineries and many wine drinkers camp here along with enjoying beautiful finger Lakes.

Watkins Glen, NY KOA

This was a HUGE KOA campground!  There was a lot to do, but we only stayed 1 night & got back on the road.  We stayed in a small cabin (w/ bathroom).  The weather was great, so we had a great view of the forest around us & the sky was amazing!

KOA does a great job of keeping everything organised & clean.

It was nice & quiet.  Unfortunately, 1 of my cats was startled by a neighbour’s dog & ran up a tree.  My friend, being a military vet, knew how to get up the tree without getting hurt & bring my mischievous ball of fur, Loki, safely back to the ground.

It is a great place to stay!

Nice

Nice campground. Clean Friendly staff. A lot of outdoor features for kids which were closed while we were there.

Too Crowded

Super kind people who work there. Great amenities. Climbing wall, pool, putt putt, giant bouncy thing. Basketball hoop, playground. Lots of cars, lots of people, super close campsites. None of the 3 toilets flushed well. Sink was a little clogged. It WAS clean though. They clean and collect trash daily. I dont have kids but could see how parents would like this. For a couple with a dog, it was too crowded and loud.

Never Again

As I walked into the office to register on a slow Monday afternoon, a young lady stated she would help me. No hello, my name is, how was your trip? All business, no personality. She goes through a check list that I have to sign off on, gives me my paperwork and proceeds to show me how to get to my site using a camp map. No escort whatsoever.

I get to the gate to get into the campground but the swipe key box is out of reach for a Class A motorhome driver. So my wife has to exit the coach and swipe the card for the gate to open. As I proceed, my right rear wheels hit a major pothole and rock my Motorhome (can't avoid it) BTW - there is a guard house at the gate but it is used for storage, not housing a guard to make entry easy.

Site is roomy and level but not worth the price. The site is gravel as well as the roads but couldn't be any further from the office. Cell phones have no signal and the campground Wi-Fi sucks.

Don't bring a golf cart because you will not be allowed to use it unless you can prove your handicapped but …… you can rent a cart from the campground.

Laundry mat has 6 washer machines but 3 are out of order. Those working are being used by housekeeping to wash sheets and towels for the cabins. A manager was approached but he was useless because there are no washer/dryers for housekeeping to use so the customers are at the mercy of housekeeping.

Amenities: food truck closed, Seneca Trails water park can be used for a fee (should be in campsite fee) Pirate ship jungle gym useless - 2 broken slides.

All in all. Worst KOA I ever stayed in. KOA corporate must have a very low standard when rating this park a resort.

Something for everyone

This campground keeps growing. I’ve camped here for 20+ years and they have always been great. Lots of activities for kids and families on site and near by. Quite campground with KOA expected cleanliness and staff courtesy.

Beautiful hiking, nice campsites, playgrounds and pool!

There is amazing hiking trails along the gorge with views of waterfalls! There is a nice pool and playgrounds. It’s close to downtown Watkins glen with lots of restaurants. It is also very close to Seneca Lake where there is swimming, boating, awesome hiking in the national Forest and tons of wineries and breweries. I’m also a little partial to this particular State Park because it’s where I got married!