No Fires
About Crater Lake Lodge

The Crater Lake Lodge, built in 1915 and a member of Historic Hotels of America® since 2012 was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1981.

Historic Hotels of America is the official program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation® for recognizing and celebrating the finest historic hotels across America.

A grand northwest lodge, the historic 71-guestroom Crater Lake Lodge originally opened in 1915 on the edge of one of the country's crown jewels-Crater Lake. No place else on earth combines a deep pure lake, sheer surrounding cliffs almost 2,000 feet high, a picturesque island, and a tumultuous volcanic past. A sense of awe comes over guests as they enter through the main entrance and view the majestic fireplace in the Great Hall. Here, guests can immerse themselves in the history that surrounds them by visiting the Exhibit Room. The Crater Lake Lodge Dining Room overlooks the lake and serves the finest northwest regional cuisine. Crater Lake Lodge is open from late-May through mid-October.

For Price Match Guarantee and Special Offers please visit, please visit HistoricHotels.org.

National Register of Historic Places
No Sewer Hookups
No Water Hookups
Crater Lake Lodge is located in Oregon
Directions
In Southern Oregon on the crest of the Cascade Mountain Range. 100 miles east of the Pacific Ocean, 110 miles from the California border on I-5, and halfway between Bend to the north and Klamath Falls to the south on Highway 97. Rogue Valley Int'l-Medford Airport: 83 miles, 1 hour, 56 minutes. Visit HistoricHotels.org to get more information or make a reservation.
3 Reviews of Crater Lake Lodge
By Far the BEST National Park I’ve Visited

Staying at the lodge is a bucket list item for sure! Located right on the rim of Crater Lake, there is no better place to stay to take in the views. We stayed in a very basic room in the lodge, that was fairly expensive, but worth every penny due to the amazing location. I woke up early to catch the sunrises each morning. The lodge has a great deck out front. In the evenings we would sip cocktails from the deck and take in the beauty! The interior of the lodge had tons of history too. We also enjoyed the Junior Ranger program - my son loved seeing the real life Ranger and the parents enjoyed all the knowledge sharing. We had several meals at the restaurant as well. A bit overpriced, but very good food and drink. Highly recommend staying here!

So much better in person

Going to Crater Lake National Park has been one of my goals and I finally made it there. I’ve seen pictures but to see it for my self was magical. We enjoyed lunch at the gift shop. We drove around the rim to see it from different angles. We were supposed to take the boat tour but the boat was broken down. But we still enjoyed the hike down to the lake side.

Treat Yourself!

Now I’m a hard-core car camper but even I couldn’t resist treating myself for a night. I planned an Oregon adventure with my family, traveling over three weeks and camping everywhere. But we just couldn’t resist.

The lodge is amazing and has all the amenities you could want to spoil yourself, but the best part really is Crater Lake. On this trip, we were able to take the Trolley Tour (a must-do if you’re typically the driver on trips). This allowed me to sit back and relax while taking in amazing views and learn some regional history. The tour guides were fabulous.

The other wonderful thing about staying at this lodge is that we were so close to the boat tours to Wizard Island. We couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take a tour and have a half-day on the island to explore. Because most campgrounds are so far away, you have to get up before dawn to catch the first tour. But staying at the lodge allowed us to sleep in just a bit!

Pro Tip: Book this stay as well as the Trolley and Boat tours way in advance. They book up quick and you don’t want to miss out!